Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer in UCCE - CVP with original called number

asuckau
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I've got a problem at a customer side and hope to solve it with your help. The customer wants to get the original called number displayed in the CAD after a call transfer (warm and cold).

Following scenario:

1.Employee gets a call from the customer (e.g. 1000) directly on his extension (e.g. 2000)

2.Employee talks with the customer and then transfers the call to a serviceline

3.Agent gets the call, but in CAD there is only displayed the number from the colleague (2000), not from the customer (1000).

Is there any possibility to get this information of the orginal called number into the CAD? In UCC Express I now, there it's possible to associate the field "original called number" with a variable and deliver that variable to the CAD, but how does it work in a UCCE environment with CVP?

Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Anatoli

14 Replies 14

Hello,

Yes , it is almost the same , all what you have to do is :

1- enable the ECC variables on the UCCE

2- from the desktop admin , enable that parameter under the layout to show on the CAD desktop.

3- from the script , assign the callid with a variable that you enabled on the CAD and it will show.

If you need more details in specific let me know.

Amer

If you have a Peripheral Variable available just use it and set it to the dialed number.

david

Hello Amer,

thank you very much for your quick response. The ECC-Variables are already enabled, do I need some special variables?

The whole data is also displayed in the CAD, but in that field, I get only the information of the last redirected number. Maybe this depends of the configuration of my script?

Thank you,

Anatoli

hello,

Use the ICM variable 1-10 , any one of it , but let me ask you something.

I did it before and it was succesful but what i did is that transfering the call from agent to agent directly (not through the Script) are you trying to do the same thing or you are trying to send the call back to the script.

Hi,

his problem is something else. If the call comes directly from my mobile phone to an agent with CAD (no Script), he could have a macro which fills any call variable (ECC, 1-10) and carries it through the transfer to the new agent via CVP Warm Transfer. That works just fine. The same applies for a call that went through a initial Script. Just set the first ANI into any variable in the script -> Call arrives at Agent1 -> Transfer to Agent2 and he will see the original ANI if configured in the Desktop Administrator.

But what hes asking for is:

The Call arrives at ANY office phone without CAD or Script, this employee then transfers the call to any DialedNumber/CAD Agent -> Script,... and then you cannot see the "original called number". In CCX you can i believe.. I dont know how to solve it, but im interessted in any solution you guys may have!

Thanks,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

That changes the story a bit. This is my take on it, please let us know if you agree or not:

1. Random IP Phone (without CTIOS/CAD) on CUCM with extension 1000 gets a call say from non-existant PSTN number 555-1234

2. That phone hits the transfer button and a new call-leg is now raised

3. That user 1000 taps in the number of CVP/ICM/CCX/... whatever, say 2000.

4. The application associated with 2000 receiving this call will see a new call from 1000 to 2000.

5. IP phone 1000 completes the transfer by tapping a second time on transfer

6. Agent 1001 gets the call after there's been script treatment (by calling a dialed number aka script selector)

7. The agent's desktop application (eg CTIOS) will see ANI 1000, DNIS 1001 and dialed number is still 2000 from script perspective.

Even with the IP Phone 1000 doing a "blind transfer", if not done through CTI, it's still just a really fast "consult transfer" (2 taps of transfer softkey right after each other).

IPCC has no visibility on what happened before the transfer. The transfer leg is the first piece of information it gets to know.

I know this thread is old but was hoping to get some guidance on a somewhat similar issue. CUCM with CVP 9X and CAD. Calls come into ICM/CVP script and eventually lands on agent1. Agent 1 then manually transfers call to another ICM/CVP script that eventually lands on agent2. They want original callerID to pass on to agent2 (instead of agent1's callerID info). I can get the ANI on an ECC variable for agent1 but how do you transfer that info to agent2 through 2nd ICM/CVP script? Many thanks.

Hello,

This is easy, do you know how to create a TASK in CAD, if yes then create a task that has a function called Blind transfer (normal transfer using IP phone will not work in any way) and then let Agent1 use this task, when it used it will open the dial pad and from there he can dial Agent2 extension or ICM script, in this case the original callID will remain as is.

Amer

Thanks Amer. I will give this a try and suggest to customer as an option. I take it with this setup the original callerID will still show up on agent2's IP phone and CAD when agent1 transfers with this task to an ICM/CVP script that eventually lands on agent2, correct?

Hello,

Yes, that is correct, the call will land on agent2 as it was coming direct from , i did it before and it was successful, even onetime a customer ask us to pop-up the agent ID who transfered the call so they can know from which agent the call came from, good luck..

Amer

Thanks Amer. that's actually a good idea about the pop up. Trying to give u 5 stars but doing thru my iPhone browser is screwing it up. :( sorry.

Hi  I know this is an old post but I'm after something similar with UCCE. I have a script which is assigned to individual DN's all sharing the same CTI RP

The requirement is for DN xxxx to be forwarded to CTI RP 5555, the script needs to capture the the original number xxxx, play the same single  prompt  but then place  the original DN in a label transfer out to CUCM.  I'm happy to capture the xxxx and assign it to a pv and the  Use that pv in the label. The issue I have is I'm assigning multiple DN's vai a translation pattern to the same CTI RP and so XXXX maybe 1234, 1290, 1278 etc. When I test this I only see the CTI RP in Finesse. I know UCCX had a step called original dialled number but does UCCE have this feature. I'm trying to have a single script for this  Agent's are involved 

The number of DN's could be in the 100's 

Hi  I know this is an old post but I'm after something similar with UCCE. I have a script which is assigned to individual DN's all sharing the same CTI RP

The requirement is for DN xxxx to be forwarded to CTI RP 5555, the script needs to capture the the original number xxxx, play the same single  prompt  but then place  the original DN in a label transfer out to CUCM.  I'm happy to capture the xxxx and assign it to a pv and the  Use that pv in the label. The issue I have is I'm assigning multiple DN's vai a translation pattern to the same CTI RP and so XXXX maybe 1234, 1290, 1278 etc. When I test this I only see the CTI RP in Finesse. I know UCCX had a step called original dialled number but does UCCE have this feature. I'm trying to have a single script for this  Agent's are involved 

The number of DN's could be in the 100's