cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CALL TYPE batch changes (all at once)

voiceops
Level 1
Level 1

I need to re-assigned (point) about 120 Call Types from a couple of ICM scripts into another ICM script.

Is there a way of doing this in batch?

Is it safe to modify the Call_Type table?

I run IPCCE 6 (ICM 6 with QManager 3.5)

any help is appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Nope, I would do it through the config manager and not the script editor though, might prove a little quicker. Good luck.

david

What do you mean?

how can you do it via config mangr?

thanks

Actually, re-reading what you posted it might not help. In the config manager you can assign a call type to a dialed number. However, it sounds like the dialed number will stay the same, in your case, it's the script that's actually changing.

david

If other parameters (like association with DN etc) are exactly like the older ICM, then you can modify your Call_Type table,that's easier than changing from config manager. What the problem?

HTH

Have you done it?

I'm afraid to mess up the integrity of the table; maybe there are other necessary DB processes behind the scene that get triggered when done from the app interface (script editor)...

what the hell; no guts no glory!!!

You're a brave man if you do this, I'm always leering about changing thinks in the DB.

dam

lol

I didn't check the thing exactly what are you looking for, but i did some changes in the db directly before and found no discrepancy.

Even I did had to work in the db directly for some scenarios like: I added a DN from config manager; then for some reason I deleted it, it was deleted successfully, but I failed to add the same DN from config manager again. Then I found the same in the DB with disabled flag, the I deleted the entry from DB forcefully. Even I have also added agents from DB directly.

You should add entries over there when dependence parameters are there already.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: