Views
Helpful
Replies

CallBack waiting Call Priority

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I have a working Callback script but the only issue is that when a caller calls in and waits for let's say 5 minutes and then decides to chose the callback option, those 5 minutes are being lost.

Is this how it is supposed to work? If so, the caller loses it's priority against someone who calls after and decides to go with CallBack option without waiting!

Is there any why that we can add those waiting times in the original queue to the waiting time in the Callback queue?

Thanks,

MK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don’t see how you would go about to achieve what you’re asking about as the queues are separate entities and have their respective place in queue condition. The order of how calls are placed in the queue is reflecting the order that they are placed in the queue, regardless of any other queue waiting time.

If it could be done you’d need to have some kind of elaborate process of checking current calls in queue wait times and comparing that to the new call coming in from the regular waiting queue and if it’s longer than any of the previous waiting calls in the callback queue set it the new call to a higher priority than any of the other calls. Maybe it’s possible, but it wouldn’t be a non trivial thing to do.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

I don’t see how you would go about to achieve what you’re asking about as the queues are separate entities and have their respective place in queue condition. The order of how calls are placed in the queue is reflecting the order that they are placed in the queue, regardless of any other queue waiting time.

If it could be done you’d need to have some kind of elaborate process of checking current calls in queue wait times and comparing that to the new call coming in from the regular waiting queue and if it’s longer than any of the previous waiting calls in the callback queue set it the new call to a higher priority than any of the other calls. Maybe it’s possible, but it wouldn’t be a non trivial thing to do.

Response Signature

Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time and replaying.

So basically it is not very true when we play the message stating if you wish to receive a call back while maintaining your priority in the queue? Am I mistaken?

Thanks,

MK

That verbiage would be somewhat misleading, but then again none of the callers would actually know what happens in the callback, so is it really such a big deal?

Response Signature

jim-j
Level 3
Level 3

I have never used callback queues, so I have only questions, no answers.   Would it be possible for all callers that end up queuing in a voice queue to also be placed in the the callback queue (without leaving the voice queue)?  That way if they do take the callback option they truly wouldn't loose their place in line.

I don’t see how that would be possible? How do you envision that the system would differentiate between call-in and call-back calls if all are in the same queue?

Response Signature

I was just wondering if the caller could be queued to two queues simultaneously, a call-in queue and a callback queue.  Sounds like the answer is no.

Not from what I know and apart from that the call in the call-in queue would be terminated when the caller ends the call after he or she selects to be called back.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: