cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID/ANI for city/state info

mflanigan
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has a new CCM system, and they would like to extend it so that, when a customer calls in, they cn forward to the correct regional support/sales group based on ANI. I have tried searching for a 3rd-party app along these lines, so far without any luck. Does anyone know of such an an application? Ideally, the app would include the ANI-location mapping database.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

If you can live with per area-code resolution, you can get the mapping database for free anytime from the North American Numbering Plan Administration at http://www.nanpa.com. You can download it in Excel format, which can then easily be inserted into a SQL database. You can get regularly updated area-code and exchange databases that'll give you data down to the city level, but those will cost you. I forget where you get them but a little directed Googling should turn it up for you.

Once you have the database, IPCC Express with the appropriate licensing for database dips can do the job. It would look at the ANI of all incoming calls to your sales number, look in the database you create for a mapping of ANI to a group/destination DN or however you want to arrange it, and perform the redirect. Nobody has to run the Agent Desktop software if you don't want that, you can just have IPCC Express do a simple transfer.

Thanks for the pointer - I don't know if the customer would be willing to bite off on all the costs of IPCC, I think the SW alone came to about 16.5K list, without any customization, but it's worth a shot. The customer also wants a human operator to accept and transfer the call - they're very old world - so what they really want is an XML display on the operator's phones. I was trying to find a 'canned' XML application that would be a slimmer install than IPCC - I would have thought this is a common enough requirement, but so far I haven't turned up much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: