Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-ID / ANI Incorrectly displayed on Blind Transfer from Specific Agents

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

We just added a new feature to Blind Transfer customer callers to a Post Call Survey. Everything appears to be working great, except I noticed that the incorrect Caller-ID is being displayed in the Database where the Post Call Survey writes to, for Agents who are working from home.

These Agents working from home are using Cisco IP Communicators. I believe the main difference between CIPC phones in our CUCM and normal Desk phones, is the Device Pool. But, I'm not seeing anything special in the in-office DP compared to the Remote phones DP.

Working Example: Customer calls in, eventually gets routed to an Agent phone that is physically working in the office. At the end of the call the Agent presses a button that is configured to Blind Transfer the caller to a new script that does a Post Call Survey. In that script we do a Get Contact Info step and capture the Caller's number. We then write some data including the Caller-ID to a external DB. In this example the Caller-ID shows the customer's telephone number correctly.

Non-Working Example: Everything is the same as above. But, this Agent is working from home using a CIPC softphone. The data written to the DB in this example, shows the Caller-ID as the Agent's extension who took the call, instead of the Customer's phone number.

Any ideas where I should start looking for this? Thought it might be something in the Device Pools. But, nothing stands out.

If I should ask this question in a CUCM forum, just let me know.

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

2 Replies 2

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It's entirely possible that the failed scenario is taking longer to complete the transfer, thus leaving the agent's extension in touch with the post call survey just a little too long, and allowing your Get Call Contact Info step to pull their number instead of the caller's. To prove this, try adding a delay, just after Accept but before Get Call Contact Info, and start high, but then reduce it to see how low you can get away with. By "high" I mean like no more than 8 seconds, but realistically, depending on the delay, it could be more. I'd be surprised though. Then if 8 seconds works to fix the report, then lower it to like 5 seconds, and keep lowering it until it breaks again, and then go back up. So, if it worked at 3, but broke at 2, then go back to 3.

Makes sense. Thanks Anthony.

I'll give that a shot tonight after-hours while I'm connected to VPN myself.

Thanks Again,
Matt