Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller-id is not coming on Agents IP-Phones

jaiswalok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Cisco IPCC express 7.0 IP-Phones. When there is a new call coming in the, CUCM excepts the call and intiate the trigger set for IPCCX. But when the call reach to any agent in the queue the IVR directory number is displayed on Agents ip-phones rather than caller number...

Can anyone tell me what will be the issue..

Thanks & regards,

Alok

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this is normal however you can see the original number in the desktop software

i nk you can chnage this thorugh cucm system parameters for preserving the original calling number for redirected calls but notsure becuase i didnt try it

Hi,

I think it is not the way...coz it was working fine till yesterday..

Also i tried the options in CUCM system perameters..but nothing worked..

I think is an issue between CUCM and IPCCX. When CTI route points trigger that time it was fowarding calling number or not i am not sure exactly..Can any one tell any tool for this if available so that i can check what number getting forwarded...

Thanks & Regards..

Alok

Hi,

I have no good news for you:

The UCCX is doing a full consult transfer. This means the call from PSTN is getting on hold and the UCCX place a new call to the agent. This is the reason why you see the CTI Number. When the agent is doing an offhook then the UCCX/UCM is doing a transfer from the PSTN Call to the agent.

You could find a lot of messages here about the this and also from my point of view it is not the best solution to say that the agents should take a look in the agent software to see the number but actually there is no other way until Cisco will change this. Sometimes I got an information about changing some programming steps but until now no one could tell me how so I think this is not possible.

Regards

Andreas