cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callers in queue < 1 trigger won't activate. Any ways around that?

I've been testing a new queue to be open 24/7 for our support center. When someone is logged into the queue even if not "active" the trigger will activate and allow the end user to leave a voicemail. 

My question is, do we have a way for calls to still go through the script even if no one is logged into the finesse queue? 

I know the trigger needs a port (forgive my exact terminology) to connect to, could I possibly setup a "dummy" port that's always open? 

My end goal is to give the end users the chance to leave a voicemail even if no one is in the queue, currently, if I call the trigger the line just hangs up right away leaving no chance to leave a voicemail. I'd prefer not to setup a call handler if possible. 

Open for any suggestions, very new to UCCX.

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

From the screenshot you set the voicemail number to the value of the variable named extension. Where do you define the value of this variable, does it get set in the script flow prior to this or is it always the same? Does the voicemail number vary? If it’s a static value why not just define the number in the voicemail variable direct instead of setting it to the value of another variable?

To get quality level of help you would need to give a bit more detailed information about the design of your solution.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

There seems to be a few errors in your script, based on the screenshot. If you would like, I'd be willing to look it over with you in real-time. Let me know.

Otherwise, it's really as simple as setting the value sooner. Don't set it only at that one point you're doing it at now, set it sooner so that no matter the outcome, it has a valid value. You can always re-set it later in the menu if Agents are logged in.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This should be 100% possible and actually, pretty easy. However, we wont be able to help you much, beyond saying that it's possible, unless you share some more details. What are you willing to share?

Not sure exactly what details are needed but I'll throw some out.

UCCX Version - 10.6.1 

CUCM Version - 10.5.2

I have a CTI route port 89001 setup which is what calls the trigger in UCCX attached to the queue. This is associated with a DN of the same number 89001. UCCX has it's own Device pool and CSS.  

Unknown what information would be needed from the UCCX side since it's never hitting that first.

I think I might be more confused now, than before....ok, so, you just said "it's never hitting [UCCX] first"

What does that mean? Can you draw out (in text is fine) the complete call flow, including any devices, protocols, translation patterns, and DNs?

If this all seems like too much, I'm available to help live via Webex. Let me know.

When I do a reactive debug without being logged into finesse it will call and allow me to go through the script with errors but still connects. I'm guessing it's seeing the script is active. I didn't run any traces so I cannot be for certain if it's hitting UCCX or not when no one is logged in. 

Call flow internally would be My extension < CUCM < 89001 < Finesse 

Externally - External number < ISP < CUBE < CUCM < Translation pattern to transformation mask 89001 <  CTI-Trigger 89001 < DN 89001 associated < UCCX

Standard CTI is enabled for the Application user. 

We can PM if a meeting is needed. 

What does "with errors" mean in this context? What errors?

If the call is in fact not hitting UCCX some of the times, then something in CUCM must be changing this, and the only thing I can think of, that is likely, is time of day routing on the partitions.

It's also possible that it is hitting UCCX, and like you said, you're not certain.

How can we confirm this? What are you able to do to check?

The errors refer to the script errors which is to be expected since no one is logged into the finesse, goes to the script error and fails out. 

Should I run an RTMT on the CUCM side to see where the call fails out at?  I could possibly try that and pull the logs. Any special collection log I need to checkmark to grab these? 

No, not CUCM, I would think that the scripting in UCCX is the place to look. So, when you say error, do you mean an actual system error? Do you know how to reactive debug a script in the UCCX editor? If so, I'd recommend that, so you can see the flow first hand, and what logic is causing the error. More than likely, you'll just need some adjustments in your script to handle this condition a little more elegantly. I.e., instead of throwing an error, you transfer to voicemail instead.

I think you are on to something Anthony. After doing the reactive debug, I am getting stuck at my label RedirectToVoicemail portion. The call will get there and then hang. From what I can see from a working scenario, I had a string named Extension and when someone is logged in and I go through the script to the menu option and press one, it gives the string a value. However, since no one is logged on, I skip that portion and no value is available to dial out to. 

Now I need to figure out how to set that value in the successful call redirect to my voicemail extension? See attached picture for script.  

From the screenshot you set the voicemail number to the value of the variable named extension. Where do you define the value of this variable, does it get set in the script flow prior to this or is it always the same? Does the voicemail number vary? If it’s a static value why not just define the number in the voicemail variable direct instead of setting it to the value of another variable?

To get quality level of help you would need to give a bit more detailed information about the design of your solution.

Response Signature

There seems to be a few errors in your script, based on the screenshot. If you would like, I'd be willing to look it over with you in real-time. Let me know.

Otherwise, it's really as simple as setting the value sooner. Don't set it only at that one point you're doing it at now, set it sooner so that no matter the outcome, it has a valid value. You can always re-set it later in the menu if Agents are logged in.

Thank you Roger and Anthony for the support!

I changed the variable in my call redirect to go to the actual VoicemailRedirectNumber which is a static number. It worked. 

I had an id10T error because I forgot to upload the new script that I edited so I was calling the old script! 

As for the other errors, I'll review them as I go and ask questions if I get stuck!

Appreciate the help!

Yeah, no worries, they were more of the "i wouldn't do it that way" error, and not necessarily broken. Happy scripting!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: