cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling ECE interaction API methods from Cisco Finesse

TimoV
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer using ECE 12.0 would like to compose outbound email automatically, in specific telephony call scenarios. The use case is that the agent sends out some material to the customer via email, during the call. As the call data already contains email address for the customer in question, the customer would like to automate the process of composing the outbound email and this way shorten the AHT.

ECE interaction API developer guide describes the API login mechanism, but could not figure out if there’s a handy way of submitting API calls from within Finesse application, which iframes ECE as a Finesse Gadget. So, in ECE session, there’s X-egain-session cookie and X-egain-csrf header in place, but is there a supported way of accessing those 2 from within a Finesse gadget? In our case, Finesse and ECE are in different domain. We cannot login the user explicitly to ECE API as the gadget does not have user password available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not aware of a way to obtain these values. Gadgets can communicate with each other, but it must be built in and I highly doubt that it was implemented in the official ECE gadget. I replied to the email that you had sent to the alias to clarify.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

ECE API support is mostly done via email: ask-ece-dev@external.cisco.com

You will probably have better luck there.

Thanx,

Denise

I've sent the question to ask-ece-dev@external.cisco.com 3 weeks ago and followed up a couple of times, no answer. Denise, do you have visibility to people behind the list, maybe a gentle push would be needed?

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't seem to see your email so maybe something happened with the system when you sent it. Can you try to send it again?

Thanx,

Denise

Yes, sent again a minute ago.

Thanks,

Timo

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I just saw the reply from that team which said that you need to get help from the Finesse team. I guess maybe I understood your post incorrectly because I thought you needed help on the ECE side. Are you using the ECE gadget or building a completely custom gadget? You had mentioned that it iframes the ECE within a Finesse gadget.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi,

We have ECE deployed within ECE gadget provided by Cisco. Then we have custom gadget for call handling and the use case is that we would add "reply by email" button to the custom gadget, and by clicking the button, the agent would get outbound email composed to his/her inbox, in ECE gadget.

The question is, how do we emit ECE API calls from within the custom gadget as ECE API requires authentication and we don't have authentication tokens (header and cookie set by ECE) available in custom gadget.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not aware of a way to obtain these values. Gadgets can communicate with each other, but it must be built in and I highly doubt that it was implemented in the official ECE gadget. I replied to the email that you had sent to the alias to clarify.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise, let's follow-up in the email thread.