Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling media files from gateway usb instead of CVP media server

erikasasaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a site where they request monthly changes for their queue MOH. Right now, what we do is to make the changes manually - we upload the .wav files they provide us on the CVP media servers every time they log a request.

In the past, I have seen ICM scripts where the location of the media files are set to use flash: (the VXML gateway flash) when calls are on queue. Has anyone had any experience with using the usbflash: instead? This way, customers can just copy their new wav files on a usb stick (with specific filenames), plug it into the router and they should be good to go. We'll set the cache timer on our vxml gateways accordingly.

I got the idea of using usbflash while reading a CIPTV2 guide which states that if you use multicast MOH in CUCM, on the router you can set the MOH location to usbflash: instead of flash: for seasonal MOH or MOH that changes frequently.

I will try to test it on my end, but just thought of posting here to find out other people's experience with this set up. Thanks in advance!

Erika

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you are right, it does state that (cipt 300-075) this is possible. Mind you, in order for this to work, you do require SRST.  Quite keen to find out if you got it to work.

Please rate if useful.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hey Dennis,

That's right. Good thing we have some ccm fallback configuration already in place. I'll definitely let you know once I get it to work.

By the way, nice talking to you here. Not sure if you remember, but I worked with you a while back at Comscentre. :)

Erika

I very much doubt that this is possible within a ucce environment. You have to specify where your media files will be played from within your scripts. The media server also needs to run IIS. So with all these considerations, I don't see how you can use USB as your media source. 

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: