Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling my Java class during ringing event

vsivakarthik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Could anyone help me with a sample gadget code to call my java class during ringing event. I want to pass "call variable" to a third party application when a call lands on agent desktop. The third party web application (applet) will then pop up the relevant screen.

This is my first gadget, it would be great if you can give me the steps as well.

thanks
Karthik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

There is nothing special about using an applet in a gadget. Place the applet in the xml markup for the gadget and then access the applet methods using document.myapplet.mymethod() for example.

You may want to look at the WorkflowScreenPop sample gadget. It shows passing a callvariable in a url in an iframe on the WorkflowActionEvent. In your gadget, you would pass the url with the callvariable into your applet method instead of the iframe.

If you want the ringing event instead of the WorkflowActionEvent, see the ScreenPopSampleGadget which shows passing the callvariable url into an iframe on the handleNewDialog event.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dlender
Level 6
Level 6

There is nothing special about using an applet in a gadget. Place the applet in the xml markup for the gadget and then access the applet methods using document.myapplet.mymethod() for example.

You may want to look at the WorkflowScreenPop sample gadget. It shows passing a callvariable in a url in an iframe on the WorkflowActionEvent. In your gadget, you would pass the url with the callvariable into your applet method instead of the iframe.

If you want the ringing event instead of the WorkflowActionEvent, see the ScreenPopSampleGadget which shows passing the callvariable url into an iframe on the handleNewDialog event.

One other thing, in the applet tag you have to specify the codebase as the full url to the location where the applet is located.

For example:

<APPLET CODE="JavaScreenPopApplet.class" codebase="<ip address>/userContent/ThickClientScreenPop" archive="JavaScreenPop.jar" NAME="JavaScreenPopApplet" WIDTH=350 HEIGHT=100 >

</APPLET >

where <ipaddress>/userContent/ThickClientScreenPop  is the folder where the jar resides on the server at <ip address>

Thanks Lender. I have few more questions

1. Can I customize login page, I.e add java script to dis-allow entering

alpha character in ID field?

2. Can I customize Call control gadget (rename buttons like

"direct-trasnfer" for "Blind Transfer" etc)

3. Can I call a COM interface ?

Thanks

Karthik

You cannot customize the login page.

You cannot customize the call control gadget.

You cannot call a COM interface from Finesse desktop.

Sounds to me like you need CTIOS.