cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling number specification to be routed to designated agent via CCX script

MLARRIMORE_2
Level 1
Level 1

I want to be able to specify a number e.g. 502-8475 in the script that would then be routed to specific skilled agents in a queue. The number specify will be forward by another PBX to the queue number so that numberr will not be the caller number but the called. Can this be done with the script if so how.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, let me try different approach, the script uses "select resource" step to select who to extend the call to, you have three choices: CSQ (1 or more skill group at certain competency level), resource group (agent can only belong to 1) or specific agent.  So, if you select CSQ then all agents assigned to skills with minimum required competency level will be able to take the call. If the call needs to be presented to different set of agents then you need to build different CSQ and change the CSQ name along the logic in the script before hitting the "select resource" step.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Marsha,

So you want to queue the call to a specific CSQ when 5028475 is dialed? 

If so create that number as a seperate jtapi trigger in UCCX and point to a script that queues the call to desired CSQ.

HTH,

Chris

not quite i want the number to be specified in the script to go to agents that are able (skilled to answer the call) so what is happening Chris is that we have a support line from a different company coming to the support line of our company but only certain agents are trained to answer those calls. we don't want to create a different queue for them so we would like the number that customers will dial for the other company to be routed to agent in the same queue but different skill.

Different skills = different queue as UCCX Customer Service Queue (CSQ) is constructed based on skills assigned to it.

If you simply want to reuse the same queue logic but queue the call to different set of agents, you still need to build different CSQ and assign the "new" skill to this CSQ as well as the agents.  Then you have couple of options to route it:

1. Build new Application triggered by the number and point to the same script but override the CSQ name which needs to be exposed as parameter

2. Change the existing script to perform a check to see what was the dialed number or original dialed number, you can accomplish this via "get call info" step, and then change the CSQ variable name to this new CSQ.

Chris

So I can't bypass having to create a different queue, because we want the agent to answer both the remote company and home company calls and they can't do that if they are in a different queue. we want these skill agents to be in the same queue and be able to answer both companys calls. If we can't use skill to determine where the call goes can we accomplish what we want another way.

Would these be the same agents? if so, what's the reason for seperate skills?

Again skill = queue in UCCX, so different skill == different queue

Chris

managers want not to have separate queue for this but only a few agents were trained to answer the other companys calls so that is why i'm looking for a way to have them do that without the additional queue.

Again, you need different queue if the agents are different. Different skill = different queue.

Chris

if they have the same skill but different skill level could that be a something that the script points to that will target those agent that are needed?

No, let me try different approach, the script uses "select resource" step to select who to extend the call to, you have three choices: CSQ (1 or more skill group at certain competency level), resource group (agent can only belong to 1) or specific agent.  So, if you select CSQ then all agents assigned to skills with minimum required competency level will be able to take the call. If the call needs to be presented to different set of agents then you need to build different CSQ and change the CSQ name along the logic in the script before hitting the "select resource" step.

Chris

Thanks Chris for your patience and assistance I just want to be should we could not go that way and you were very helpful. Thanks again.

Glad to hear that.  If you don't mind please rate all helpful posts to assist others to locate helpful threads in the future.

Chris