cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager forward to IPCC, IPCC forward to Unity

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

I can't seem to find any way to do the following. Maybe someone can provide some insight.

I'd like to set the No Answer forward on a few lines to go to a route point which routes to IPCC. If there are no agents available in this small queue I would like to provide an option for the caller to go the original intended extensions voice mail box. My first instinct was to dial the Extension on the CallManager but of course this will just route right back to IPCC when they do not answer. Is there any clean way to do this? Would I need to create another 'phantom' voice mail box for each agent and then forward the call to their 'real' box when the call is received? Is this even possible? Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

3 Replies 3

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

BTW, this is an IPCC Express implementation.

Follow the directions in the URL below however, this time add a twist. Instead of using "*" find a two digits (or 3 or 4) that you are not using anywhere else in your dialplan. For example, in the document below anywhere you would replace "*" with 8888 instead. After you are through, you can test by going to a phone and hitting 8888XXXX and you will go directly to that persons voicemail. Then in your redirect you would send the call to 8888XXXX and you will be good to go. The reason being that in the IVR script you cannot redirect using a "*".

So, in your IVR script you can use the Get Call Contact Info to get the original dialed number and then concatenate that number with 8888 for example that will send the call directy to voicemail. I attached a sample script with annotation to give you an idea.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800dea82.shtml

/andy - berbee

This worked just as I had hoped and it makes perfect sense. Thanks for jumping on this one! You definitely learn something new every day on this stuff.