cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls not terminating

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pretty basic script that has a queue and an overflow queue all in one.  Everything works correctly, except the call never terminates correctly if the it is picked up by the agent.

Scenario 1:

If a call is answered in the main queue, it from the Connected step to a handled call label where the call is marked as handled and then terminated.  It goes through these steps ok, but then it continues on into the abandoned call label.  There it will bounce back and forth from the label step to the terminate step, to the label step, to the terminate step, etc…

cid:image001.png@01D0F05B.F740BE90

Scenario 2:

If the call is answered by the overflow queue, it will process correctly until it hits the "Terminate" step of the handled call label.  At that point, it will throw a "Contact is inactive when getting channel" exception. 

If it makes a difference, we are on UCCX 10.6.1.

What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

After the exception is triggered. An 'on exception' requires that you send to a label.

I would typically make the 'clear exception' step the first one executed after the label is hit, or apply the label to it directly.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Two things I think:

1) 'Terminate' step hangs up a call. Don't need to do that if a call is 'connected' as UCCX doesn't have the call. Remove that from your logic.

2) Hopping about - sounds like you have an 'on exception' step set. When that is triggered, I would normally immediately set a 'clear exception' to remove the 'catch' of any further occurences.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron.  I'll remove the terminate step and test it out.

Where do I put the clear exception step?  Before the call is connected or at the very end of the script?

Hi

After the exception is triggered. An 'on exception' requires that you send to a label.

I would typically make the 'clear exception' step the first one executed after the label is hit, or apply the label to it directly.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, that did the trick.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: