cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls Per Second

john.miccio
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on a Tech Refresh upgrade and part of the upgrade will have the  client changing the way they route calls to their IP IVRs.  That being said, I  think we are going to be short on Translation Routes and would like to create  some new ones.  I saw in the SRND that the recommendation is Translation Route  Pool = 20 * CPS.  I was wondering what is the best way to determine Calls Per  Second with IP IVR?  Any help would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

5 Replies 5

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

By far the easiest way is to look at the Calls Per Second coming into UCCE.

I just did this with a customer the other day and plotted them across the day, 5min intervals. Like so (a tad under 16 calls per second)

You need to jump onto your Logger and run this query (this table is not on a AW/HDS)

SELECT Time = CONVERT(char,DateTime,108), CPS = CONVERT(decimal(5,2), RouteCallDetailTo5/300.0)

FROM Logger_Meters

WHERE DateTime BETWEEN '05/07/2012 00:01'

AND '05/07/2012 23:59'

ORDER BY Time

Then send the results to Excel and draw a  pretty picture.

Of course, this assumes all your calls arriving in the Call Router are trans routed to IPIVR.

Regards,

Geoff

Hey Geoff.  Thank you so much for the quick reply.  I actually saw that you gave someone else this query in a previous post and I did try that earlier and it works perfect.  When I posted the question, I was actually wondering though if there was a way to measure the calls per second that the IP IVR is handling rather than UCCE.  I probably should've been more clear there so I apologize for the confusion.  Let me know if you have any thoughts and thanks again for the quick response and helpful information.  

Hi John,

No worries. The title of your post is pretty specific so I thought a response with that SQL query would help others.

So are you saying not all your calls are immediately trans routed from CUCM into your N x IPIVRs? Can't you just divide by N?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

I do have all calls getting immediately trans routed from CUCM to IP IVR however there is logic built into the scripts to send the call to the local IP IVR depending on where the call ingresses to.  When the call hits a gateway it gets a site code assigned and is then passed into ICM with the site code at the front of the DN.  Then in the script it checks the DN and plays the call at the local IP IVR based on that.  That being said, I'd like to be able to tell CPS per IP IVR if at all possible.  Thanks.

John

Does anyone know how to achieve a similar graph when in a hosted environment.  So calculating CPS on each CICM instance?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: