Views
Helpful
Replies

calls recording not working properly

sudhir kumar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are facing strange issue as we have observed that the calls to agent using hard phone are not getting recorded but at the same time calls to agent using soft phones are recorded. 

Also if the internal caller with hard phone makes a call to CTI route point to reach an agent the entire IVR is recorded but when call is transferred to agent that discussion is not recorded but if the agent is using softphone then the call  is recorded

Let me explain this briefly.

Scenario 1.  Caller  calls to CTI route point IVR Gets played when call is transferred to agent using hard phone call is not recorded and no recording available

Scenario 2.  Caller  calls to CTI route point IVR Gets played when call is transferred to agent using soft phone call is  recorded and recording is available

Scenario 3.  Internal Caller with hardphone calls to CTI route point IVR Gets played when call is transferred to agent using soft phone call is recorded and recording is available for both the legs (Caller on IVR and Agent & caller discussion)

Scenario 4.  Internal Caller with hardphone calls to CTI route point IVR Gets played when call is transferred to agent using hardphone call is recorded till when the caller is on IVR  and recording is available for only that leg (Caller on IVR)

Scenario 5. Internal caller using hardphone calls a user having softphone the calls are recorded.

Scenario 6. Internal caller using hardphone calls a user having hardphone the calls are not recorded.

We are using ;.

CUCM Version 12.0.1

UCCX Version  11.6

WFM-QM Version :11.5

Hardphone model : 7821

Softphone            :  CIPC

Kindly help on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ratheesh,

Issue got fixed actually I gone through RTMT call logs and identified the MTP resources were getting involved and an error coming when the call for made to recorder as "NO MTP Resources available" so I checked the phone call from status messages and found that some OPUS(6k-510k) codec was getting used when both 7821 phones were talking and I think that is not supported by WFM so I changed the codec in region configuration and now recording is working fine.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just a quick check, since 7821 is the model you are not able to record, did you try with any other model. Could you share the firmware of the phone ?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Thanks for replying Ratheesh, 

It's a new install and we are having only 7821 model phones.

Firmware version: sip78xx.11-7-1-17 (active load ID)

sip78xx.11-5-1SR1-1(inactive load ID)

Thanks..

Sudhir

Hi there

Did you try upgrade / downgrade one affected phone and test it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rath!

Hi Ratheesh,

Issue got fixed actually I gone through RTMT call logs and identified the MTP resources were getting involved and an error coming when the call for made to recorder as "NO MTP Resources available" so I checked the phone call from status messages and found that some OPUS(6k-510k) codec was getting used when both 7821 phones were talking and I think that is not supported by WFM so I changed the codec in region configuration and now recording is working fine.

That's great. Glad that it worked.

Mediasense configuration docs for CUCM should include steps to disable OPUS codec

CSCvc72920

Description

Symptom: Mediasense configuration docs should include steps to disable the OPUS codec on CUCM. CUCM 11.x is configured to use OPUS by default, when available. Since mediasense does not include support for this codec, calls that negotiate to this will fail to record, likely with the following error on mediasense: ERROR: Record Response Fail Disabling OPUS can be accomplished by going to Cisco Call Manager Administration > System > Service Parameters

Conditions: OPUS Codec negotiated for recorded call a=rtpmap:114 opus/48000/2

Workaround: Disable OPUS through Call Manager service parameters

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Cheers Rath - quick fix worked a treat!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: