Views
Helpful
Replies

CallStudio Default Audio Path

eric.neoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question regarding the default audio path in Cisco Call Studio application. In the CallStudio under Project > Properties > Call Studio > Audio Settings, there is a Default Audio Path URI. If I specify the audio path, e.g. “/CVP/audio/myProj/selfSvc”, and in the voice element – audio, I only specify the wave file name, e.g. “welcome.wav”. In the ICM routing script, I specify the "media_server" variable to be http://[CVP_Media_Server]:7000/CVP. Is this the correct way of setting the default audio path and the audio file?

To explain in further, currently the Call Server. VXML Server and Mediao Server components are all co-located together in the same physical server. In the CVP audio directory, there is a folder called myProj and a sub-folder called selfSvc, all the audio files are stored in this folder. So when the audio element is executed in the CallStudio application when someone calls the call flow DN, will it be able to find the respective audio file based on the “Default Audio Path URI” that I mentioned in the previous paragraph?

Do we need to include the media server host name in the the Default Audio Path URI, e.g. http://CVP_Media_Server]:7000/CVP/myProj/selfSvc? I know by default, this Default Audio Path URI is left blank whenever we create a new CallStudio project.

Or should we still leave the Default Audio Path URI blank, and for all the elements which require the playback of any audio files, we should specify the path and the audio file name instead? E.g. “/CVP/audio/myProj/selfSvc/welcome.wav” for instance?

Appreciate it if someone could enlighten me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

basha.ilias
Level 1
Level 1

eric.neoh

ICM configuration for the media_server is used to assign the call server / vxml server (invoke CVP-Call Studio application) and the configuration is applicable only to the ICM script.

With regards to CVP call studio - default audio configuration - since you are holding media in the same CVP server You may use the below approach.

Call Studio app setting > Call studio > Audio settings > Default audio path URI : /CVP/myProj/selfSvc

and each audio/form element you may refer the media file directly. However ensure that audio/form element is enabled with "Use Default Audio Path" under "Audio" tab.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

basha.ilias
Level 1
Level 1

eric.neoh

ICM configuration for the media_server is used to assign the call server / vxml server (invoke CVP-Call Studio application) and the configuration is applicable only to the ICM script.

With regards to CVP call studio - default audio configuration - since you are holding media in the same CVP server You may use the below approach.

Call Studio app setting > Call studio > Audio settings > Default audio path URI : /CVP/myProj/selfSvc

and each audio/form element you may refer the media file directly. However ensure that audio/form element is enabled with "Use Default Audio Path" under "Audio" tab.

Hi, Ilias Basha.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Currently, intermittently we have encountered the “male voice error message” – “We are experiencing difficulty..”, and we noticed that in the cvp log, it shows “badfetch error”. Just want to be sure and confirm that, by setting this default audio path URI, the callstudio app will always be able to fetch the audio file based on the audio path and the media file name speficied in the audio element.

Thanks & Regards,

Eric

Hi eric Did you get an answer on this as I have the same setup and issue?

Thanks 

The default audio path should contain a full URL (i.e. include the servername).

The above example meant that the audio would be located on the VXML Tomcat server, which is not recommended / supported for production apps. Audio files should be located on the IIS server.

Make sure the set caching expiry on the IIS server to 5-15 mins - so when you update a audio , the VXML browser will check for a new file relatively quickly. Note - even when cache has expired it only checks for a new file, if file has notr changed it still uses the one in cache - so its very efficient.

So the URL for the default prompts should be something like:

http://cvp-server.mydomain.com/en-us/app/sample/

The audio files can then be co hosted on the IIS web server located on the CVP Call Server.

You can change the default audio path in a call studio app itself - using the application modifier element - so that you could select the specific Call Server the call was on (for better resilience).

Make sure that the VXML Browser (Virtual Voice Browser) or the VXML Gateway can resolve the hostname configured.

As it is this device which is rendering the VXML and downloading & caching the audio file.

You can use debugging on the VXML Gateway / VVB Server to help you determine why it cannot download the audio.

You can also review and look at the IIS logs files for 404 errors etc.

Regards,

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: