Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't find Agent Desktop for CME

Hello

I know it sounds ridiculous but I can't find the Desktop Agent for a CME and CCX integration. Let me explain a bit more.

The scenario is quite simple: one CME on a 2911 that must be integrated with a CCX 8.5. I have successfully setup the CME and CCX (at least I supose) but now the only problem I have is to find the Agent Desktop. I have installed several CCX but always integrated with Callmanager withoit Express. On every occasion, on the plugins menu there were 3 links to download Administrator, Supervisor and Agent Desktops. But in this case there are only 2 links: one for Administrator and one for Supervisor/Agent. Obviously I tried installing the msi file that you download when click the Supervisor/agent link but only the Supervisor is installed.

I'm sure it must be a silly question but I'm blocked with that issue. Any help?

DAni                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most likely cause of this is that you are running UCCX Standard, which does not come with CAD.

You'll want to read the data sheet for UCCX to familiarize yourself with the feaatures offered between versions, deployments, and licensing.

Also, with UCCX/CME, CAD does not do Phone Control.  E.g., You cannot answer the phone from within CAD.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not sure where you get the CAD client, is it not documented in admin guide?

Either way I would not spend much time on this type of integration as Cisco no longer supports UCCX - CME integration starting with CCX version 9, which means you will never be able to go to newer releases past 8.5.

HTH,

Chris

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most likely cause of this is that you are running UCCX Standard, which does not come with CAD.

You'll want to read the data sheet for UCCX to familiarize yourself with the feaatures offered between versions, deployments, and licensing.

Also, with UCCX/CME, CAD does not do Phone Control.  E.g., You cannot answer the phone from within CAD.

Anthony Holloway

Thank you for your answers. So, it seems that CCX Standard with CME only supports IP Phone Agents. Any guide to setup Phone agents?

Dani

I would have thought it to be in the installation guide.  But I'm not sure, as I have never integrated CME with UCCX.

Anthony Holloway

Thank you all for your answers. Our license is Syandars and as Anthony says, that is the major problem. To run Agent Desktop you need Enhanced or Premium License.

Dani

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: