cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't Install CVP Studio 11.5(1)

jreitzes
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install CVP Studio 11.5(1) on a Windows10 laptop.  After launching setup.exe in the CVP Studio folder on the ISO file, the install wizard launches and I successfully and works fine until I get to the 'Install' screen.  When I click 'Install,' the screen blips briefly, then freezes and will not continue.  'Back' doesn't work, 'Cancel' doesn't work.  The only way to close the wizard is to 'end task' on the Task Manager.

Does anybody know how to fix this?  I saw a previous post (for 10.5) that said rebooting to 'Safe Mode' fixes the problem, but when I try that, 'Safe Mode' gives me a blank blue screen with three controls on the bottom right -- 'Internet', 'Settings' and 'Power'.  It doesn't give me access to any Windows folders, applications, etc.

Any ideas/recommendations out there?

4 Replies 4

Have you tried to run the install as administrator and/or make sure the user installing it as full admin rights?

I've done both. My company requires us to request a temporary admin password to install new applications on our workstations.  Once we get the admin password, we log in as a localadmin, which gives us the proper permissions to perform the installation.  I logged in as such, and then right-clicked setup.exe and selected 'Run as Administrator', but neither worked.  I then tried the install with my domain account login (without admin rights), and got an error message stating I didn't have admin rights, so I know the temporary localadmin account had the proper permissions and should have worked. 

There's an install log, but I can't find where it is, but if you find it that thing is super verbose and tells you exactly what's going on. Since you have a previous version more than likely it's complaining about the registry. Send me an email/msg and I'll send you directions on how to install multiple Studio version on a single PC so you see which registry entries matter, right now I have 10.x, 11.x and 12.x all playing nice with each other on my VM.

david

Thanks David, I sent you an email directly...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: