cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can UCCE 12.x supports on AWS cloud

NaguuCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Can UCCE 12.x supports on AWS cloud. not AWS product AWS connect. one of our client looking to move current on premise UCCE 11.x to AWS public cloud not Cisco HCS. Let us know anyone tested in LAB.

I just heard rumors that UCCE 12.5/ Customer journey experience into AWS on the way. 

when will be the 12.5/12.X will be out. how can i test my own testing in AWS with UCCE.

Anyone any reply would be appreciated

10 Replies 10

NaguuCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone trying on this option

So VMWare on AWS is the only supported model based on the documentation. I've not seen how that really works but it appears that VMWare has some specific AWS configuration in order to support UCCE.

david

Thanks David for the reply. Do you know what's that special configs of VMware in AWS.

I don't have any specifics, but it appears that you can find a bit more here. https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/cisco-uc-on-vmware-cloud-on-aws/td-p/3435818

david

t.sudharsan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Can someone let me know does Cisco TAC support PCCE hosted on AWS? I am planning to deploy PCCE on AWS by purchasing baremetal hardware and install ESXi on it and host PCCE solution.

See the discussion below you have to do it on VMWare on AWS for it to be supported.

david

VMware on AWS is no longer a supported CCE deployment option.

Well that was short lived. Can you share any details on why that was decided?

david

David,

I understand it was because that particular IaaS model of VMware Cloud on AWS proved unattractive with partners/customers and gained minimal interest and traction.

I can see that, if I remember correctly I did a quick pricing check and it was very very expensive.

david