Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we change reserve time on UCCX

Mustain
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I want to ask, can we change the time of reservation at UCCX? If so, how can we do that? Currently on our production server, when the agent calls and they try to make the answer the call has dropped and then the call will be put into disposition 1.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

So, for this, if the Connect parameter in your Select Resource step is set to Yes, then you can increase the Timeout value inside the same Select Resource step.

If the Connect parameter is set to No, then look for the Connect step inside the Select Resource section and increase the Timeout value inside the Connect step.

View solution in original post

Reserve time is actually a function of the time set on the line AND the connect step in your script.

You can make slight adjustments to this if you are careful not to exceed the "Forward No Answer Timer" in the CUCM System/Service Param Config for Clusterwide Parameters.  By defaut this number is set to '12'.

2019-0909-cucmFwdNoAnsTmr-SvcParmConf-ClstrWideParam.png

12 seconds equates to 3 rings on the line -- 4 seconds per ring cycle.

It's a better idea if you need to change the answer delay on the agent line for the Directory Number, by adjusting the individual agent line setting for Call Forward and Pickup Settings -- as this setting overrides the system parameters for only the agent and not the entire enterprise. 

2019-0909-cucmLine-NoAnsRingDuration-CFwd&PickupSets.png

In my picture above, setting the No Answer Ring Duration to 20 seconds will increase the amount of time on the agent line to 5 ring cycles before the CUCM will process Forwarding procedures.  By default, this field is empty--and observes the 12 default in the System Enterprise Parameters.

The catch is to set your ACD step in the script for the Connect step, to less than the value in the agent line setting in CUCM.  

Whether you use the Resource Select:Connect YES 

2019-0909-selRes-Connect-Yes.png

(my variable is assigned the default value of 10 seconds -- 2 seconds less than the CUCM default value of 12)

....or if you use the Select Resource:Connect NO; 

2019-0909-selRes-Connect-No.png

....the Timeout setting/parameter needs to be less then the CUCM Line setting for the agent--set it to 18 seconds (recommended 2 seconds less--your mileage may vary) if you change the agent line to 20.  This will effectively increase your reserver time from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 ring cycles.

In my examples above you could change this in the app paraemeter variable or in the script variable pane.

It's important to remember and set the Connect Timeout step in your script to be LESS than the Agent Line setting or System Parameter setting for Call Forward processing on CUCM.  IF the CUCM time expires on the line before the CTI timer expires for the step bad things happen...

Test it out thouroughly before commiting it to production...

Best Wishes,

Sean

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rodrigo Garcia
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please add some more detail? Is the problem that the agent does not have enough time to pickup the call so you need to increase the time the call rings to an agent?

Hi Rodrigo,

Yes, I think the agent doesn't have enough time to pick up an incoming call. So that why I want to try to change the reservation time.

So, for this, if the Connect parameter in your Select Resource step is set to Yes, then you can increase the Timeout value inside the same Select Resource step.

If the Connect parameter is set to No, then look for the Connect step inside the Select Resource section and increase the Timeout value inside the Connect step.

Hi Rodrigo,

I set to Yes, and I already increase the Timeout value to 20 secs.

Thanks,

Mustain

Reserve time is actually a function of the time set on the line AND the connect step in your script.

You can make slight adjustments to this if you are careful not to exceed the "Forward No Answer Timer" in the CUCM System/Service Param Config for Clusterwide Parameters.  By defaut this number is set to '12'.

2019-0909-cucmFwdNoAnsTmr-SvcParmConf-ClstrWideParam.png

12 seconds equates to 3 rings on the line -- 4 seconds per ring cycle.

It's a better idea if you need to change the answer delay on the agent line for the Directory Number, by adjusting the individual agent line setting for Call Forward and Pickup Settings -- as this setting overrides the system parameters for only the agent and not the entire enterprise. 

2019-0909-cucmLine-NoAnsRingDuration-CFwd&PickupSets.png

In my picture above, setting the No Answer Ring Duration to 20 seconds will increase the amount of time on the agent line to 5 ring cycles before the CUCM will process Forwarding procedures.  By default, this field is empty--and observes the 12 default in the System Enterprise Parameters.

The catch is to set your ACD step in the script for the Connect step, to less than the value in the agent line setting in CUCM.  

Whether you use the Resource Select:Connect YES 

2019-0909-selRes-Connect-Yes.png

(my variable is assigned the default value of 10 seconds -- 2 seconds less than the CUCM default value of 12)

....or if you use the Select Resource:Connect NO; 

2019-0909-selRes-Connect-No.png

....the Timeout setting/parameter needs to be less then the CUCM Line setting for the agent--set it to 18 seconds (recommended 2 seconds less--your mileage may vary) if you change the agent line to 20.  This will effectively increase your reserver time from 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 ring cycles.

In my examples above you could change this in the app paraemeter variable or in the script variable pane.

It's important to remember and set the Connect Timeout step in your script to be LESS than the Agent Line setting or System Parameter setting for Call Forward processing on CUCM.  IF the CUCM time expires on the line before the CTI timer expires for the step bad things happen...

Test it out thouroughly before commiting it to production...

Best Wishes,

Sean

Hi Sean,

If I set 12 seconds on my CUCM, but on my UCCX script, I set 20 seconds. Which agent will be used?

Thanks,

Mustain

Setting the CUCM line to 12 and the UCCX Connect timeout setting to 20 will create problems.  This produces errors in the system if the agent takes longer than 12 seconds to answer a call.  Can you see this?  ...bad things happen--!!!

You do not want to do this.  Your CUCM line Forward No Answer setting MUST be greater than your Connect timeout. 

Determine how many rings you want on the phone line.  If 5, then set the Agent Line Call Forward timer to 20 on CUCM (5 rings X 4 second ring cycle = 20 seconds).  Then, change your parameter setting on the Connect step of your UCCX script to 18 (2 seconds less than CUCM timeout for No Answer Forward).  

I didn't say this in my previous post, but I will mention it.  The longer you make a customer hold on the line, the more likely they will hang up.  By increasing your delay times, it provides the customer with a poor experience.  Just because you can change the reserve time--you don't necessarily want to do this in a customer service environment.  Making the customer listen to 5 ring back cycles is not good. This really is a bad customer experience.  I would encourage you to make this a training issue and re-enforce with management and the agent resources, that the need to answer to phone as quickly as possible is necessary provide exceptional customer service.  We set our lines to auto-answer immediately when a call is delivered to an agent.  The agents are responsible for setting themselves "Not Ready" if they are unavailable to take the next call. 

Sincerely,

Sean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: