Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we transfer from one queue to another queue in UCCX

expert,

when we call to call center and got to wrong department, agent sometimes can transfer us to right department.

- is that something we can script in UCCX  or that is just normal transfer by agent?

as I don't see we can put number in Queue (department) to be call from agent phone.

tks,

K

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Karen,

Find a sample script attached wherein I am giving callers an option of Menu wherein they can choose 1, 2, 3 etc to get transferred to the required departments. Also, I am using Get Digit String step wherein if the callers know their party extension they can dial it and the call will be transferred to that extension directly then.

Note: I am using a 4 digit extension for Get Digit String but you can choose as per your Dial Plan. This is just a Sample Script but you can take idea from it and make changes to your script accordingly.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Sure here is the screen shot:

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can script your call flows to route specific number to specific queue, this way agents rather than transferring to specific agent can transfer to.  Simply build additional triggers and route to call flow where you check the dialed number and based on the number set CSQ variable number and send the call to select resource step using the CSQ variable.

Thanks Chris,

Do you mind paste screen shot here on script example?  I am not that advance on script

Appreciate your answer.

Rgds,

K

Karen,

Find a sample script attached wherein I am giving callers an option of Menu wherein they can choose 1, 2, 3 etc to get transferred to the required departments. Also, I am using Get Digit String step wherein if the callers know their party extension they can dial it and the call will be transferred to that extension directly then.

Note: I am using a 4 digit extension for Get Digit String but you can choose as per your Dial Plan. This is just a Sample Script but you can take idea from it and make changes to your script accordingly.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks lot Deepak, I will try that, appreciate it.

So, I am slightly confused here. The question was around when call was delivered to incorrect agent based on incorrect IVR selection, so how would queue menu fix this issue? If the call has already been answered by an agent the only way to get it back into another queue is by transferring the call. If I am a customer and called a company, selected option in their IVR, went to queue, how would I know I made the incorrect selection before I actually talk to someone?

My recommendation was to create number for each queue so that agents can transfer a call either manually or from phone book to correct queue, something I have been doing on all my CCX and UCCE deployments for 15 years, which satisfies most customers.

Chris, the options that I provided are purely from the caller perspective. At no point the call will go to the incorrect agent if caller himself/herself choose the correct options that of course will need to be configured in the script.

If I am a customer and called a company, selected option in their IVR, went to queue, how would I know I made the incorrect selection before I actually talk to someone?

Once in the wrong queue, you will need to configure to play them a prompt such as "We hope you are in the right Queue, if not go  back to Main Menu and make your choice again etc" So all the way it will be the actual caller himself/herself playing an extended role to make this thing successful.

Last but not the least, the department which Karen is referring does not need necessarily to be a route point in UCCX that further rolls it down to a CSQ and then to the set of agents but could be any number on CUCM (Hunt Pilot may be) as well. Till the time she as a customer is not sure what exactly she wants and tell us the same, we can only offer what all options could be there

Regards

Deepak

Understood, but let's face it a lot of customers make the wrong selection due to many factors, i.e. did not listen, were confused about choices, did not care, etc. so there are always calls going to wrong queues in every call center.

Having "We hope you are in the right Queue, if not go  back to Main Menu and make your choice again etc" is interesting idea as I have never seen this in any call center and sounds rather odd to me.  How would I as a caller know that I am in the "wrong" queue, would you play the queue name?

Have you ever done such a prompt in queue and did customers want it? Just looking for perspective as my initial though would be to discourage such prompt.

To be honest what you are offering them is a more viable solution and ideally they should go with it once they are sure about their requirements. Talking about have I done it what I am suggesting, then absolutely Yes. Customers play a prompt telling the name and nature of queue they are in, if customers want to opt put then they can at that point.

Regards

Deepak

hi Chris,

do you mind share screen shot here on "My recommendation was to create number for each queue "  for simple script in uccx?

K

Sure here is the screen shot:

thanks Chris, clear now.

Hi Chris,

I have a the same requirement with a customer and that is exactly what i thought i would do(make another script with a trigger and transfer that caller to the right queue). But the issue is there is no direct transfer(blind transfer) button in uccx finesse. That mean the agent has to first consult and than transfer the caller to the agent. What ends up happening is that when the agent consults the right queue he hears the prompt playing from the new script but as soon as he transfers the caller to that script the caller hears "sorry, we are experiencing system problems. Please try later." or sometimes nothing at all.

Can you suggest a workaround?

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As Chris mentioned this can be done but it will need some work on the callers part as well since they will need to be more attentive in choosing where they want to go. For example they choose 1 which transfer them to Sales team though they actually wanted to be xferred to the Accounts team which is option 2.

Once in the wrong queue, you will need to configure to play them a prompt such as "We hope you are in the right Queue, if not go  back to Main Menu and make your choice again etc" So all the way it will be the actual caller himself/herself playing an extended role to make this thing successful.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Chris and Deepak!

Transfering the call to a Trigger and placing the call in another queue or back to main menu, is there a way to keep the original calling number in the reports?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: