cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot connect to uccx database

dongweichao
Level 1
Level 1

have tried to  connect DB according Cisco history report, but always get incorrect password.

I use the ccx adminitrator account as the report account. is that ok for this?

Has anyone tried to do this sucessfully before?

26 Replies 26

no error message , just "Save" doesn't work. cannot update the password.

some guy said that password cannot be changed.  you need change the password of the end user who have the reporting capability. 

If there's no error message, what makes you think the password has not changed?

End user with reporting capability is for running historical reports using the Historical Reports application from Tools/Plugins.

Perhaps this is the point in the thread where you should tell use exactly what you are trying to achieve - do you want to run a standard report? Write your own report? Or something else?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

because I try to connect DB after i change the password using "uccxhruser",  but get the error message

i want to connect to UCCX DB to create custom histroic report.   our client need to get some info from the UCCX DB

Have you installed 8.5 SU2 with the COP?

There is a bug in 8.5 CSCtt03211 that you might be hitting.

WFOUser missing and not able to update password mgmt settings
Symptom:
1. WFOUser missing in Password Management Page.
2. Update of any other password not taking effect in the password management page.

Conditions:
Navigate to appadmin->Password Management Page and try to modify and save password

Workaround:
Download and install the COP (ciscouccx.851SU2COPtwo.cop.sgn) posted under UCCX 8.5(1)SU2 on www.cisco.com.

oh, really ?

i haven't install 8.5SU2.   i will try to install it tomorrow.

will let you know if it works, thank you.

So the bug details state:

UCCX 8.5(1)SU2 Save button doesn't work on password management page
Symptom: When ever you try to change the password for historical user or other users in password management page (appadmin >> tools >> password management), as soon as you press the save button nothing happens, no result and no action at all. Conditions: - Only occurs in 8.5(1)SU2 - Was working fine before in 8.5(1) and 8.5(1)SU1 Workaround: No workaround available.

If you haven't installed SU2 yet, you might not be hitting it. But, it's worth installing anyway.

Brian

my uccx software version is  "UCCX_8_5_1_UCOS_8.5.1.11002-6"

seems i need upgrade

looks like yes. I recommend you to reach out to Cisco TAC before upgrading the UCCX so that they confirm you are indeed hitting that bug after verifying other root causes. That's the best practice I suggest.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

thanks, all guys.

I can reset the password after i upgrade the version, and I can connect to UCCX DB now.

thanks all guys.

That's great news

Please do not forget to rate everyone's helpful responses, click on the stars under there.

Good Luck !!

GP.

this is really a great place to discuss  issue.

Indeed. If you are a Cisco Partner, there is one more good forum to post your queries i.e. https://communities.cisco.com/community/partner/collaboration

Have a nice weekend.

GP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: