cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot connect to uccx database

dongweichao
Level 1
Level 1

have tried to  connect DB according Cisco history report, but always get incorrect password.

I use the ccx adminitrator account as the report account. is that ok for this?

Has anyone tried to do this sucessfully before?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

That's not quite correct - UCCX8 can be connected to by JDBC or ODBC, but it needs the correct drivers for each. I.e. you use ODBC, so you want the Informix ODBC driver on the computer you are connecting from (easiest way to obtain this is to install HRC).

With JDBC you would need the JDBC informix driver... you can get this from the web.

Your error message indicates you are using the wrong username - I don't like that Squirrel doc, as it requires root access.. not simple. What I've done so far is use uccxhruser, you can set the password on this through the CCX admin GUI in Tools/Password management.

Personally I've found SquirrelSQL lacking - the Informix plugin lists only existing 'procedures' from the DB, whereas some 'procedures' from the stock reports are defined as 'functions' (or vice versa). This isn't a big problem if you are starting a report from scratch,but I often use parts of the exsiting canned reports to simplify the process or enhance the stock reports.

I've had more success with:

• AGS Server Studio
  • Razor SQL
  • IBM Data Studio (this one is free, but a little oddball)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

So the bug details state:

UCCX 8.5(1)SU2 Save button doesn't work on password management page
Symptom: When ever you try to change the password for historical user or other users in password management page (appadmin >> tools >> password management), as soon as you press the save button nothing happens, no result and no action at all. Conditions: - Only occurs in 8.5(1)SU2 - Was working fine before in 8.5(1) and 8.5(1)SU1 Workaround: No workaround available.

If you haven't installed SU2 yet, you might not be hitting it. But, it's worth installing anyway.

Brian

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

dongweichao
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, UCCX version is 8.5

Hi,

You need to login to HRC with a user who has " Reporting Capability ".

To give any user the " Reporting Capability ", from UCCX Appadming page , click Tools >> User Management >> Reporting Capability View. " User Configuration " page opens. Select the user from " Available Users " section, click Left arrorw, select appropriate options under " Historical Reporting Packages * " update.

Try logging in with the added user name to HRC & it should log you in.

Lemme know how it goes.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

thanks for your response.

I really did what you said, but still failed.

I am trying to use ODBC to connect to uccx DB and get  the error message below.    The ip address 10.212.229.47 is my computer address and the username "uccxadmin1" have the Reporting capability.

Are you not trying to connect UCCX through Historical Reporting Client ( HRC ) downloaded from UCCX Plugin page ?

If you are using an ODBC connection to connect to UCCX, please note UCCX 8.x needs JDBC connection & not ODBC. Also the user name used to connect through JDBC connection vizard is different than HRC user. So above suggestion doesnt apply here.

Checkout https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15133 for the procedure to connect to UCCX DB.

The password used for this user can be reset from following path

from UCCX Appadming page , click Tools >> Password Management. " Password Management " page appears, here set the password for " Historical Reporting User " & use it in the JDBC connection you will create. The user name is mentioned in the above document.

HTH

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts !!

Hi

That's not quite correct - UCCX8 can be connected to by JDBC or ODBC, but it needs the correct drivers for each. I.e. you use ODBC, so you want the Informix ODBC driver on the computer you are connecting from (easiest way to obtain this is to install HRC).

With JDBC you would need the JDBC informix driver... you can get this from the web.

Your error message indicates you are using the wrong username - I don't like that Squirrel doc, as it requires root access.. not simple. What I've done so far is use uccxhruser, you can set the password on this through the CCX admin GUI in Tools/Password management.

Personally I've found SquirrelSQL lacking - the Informix plugin lists only existing 'procedures' from the DB, whereas some 'procedures' from the stock reports are defined as 'functions' (or vice versa). This isn't a big problem if you are starting a report from scratch,but I often use parts of the exsiting canned reports to simplify the process or enhance the stock reports.

I've had more success with:

• AGS Server Studio
  • Razor SQL
  • IBM Data Studio (this one is free, but a little oddball)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

yes, I have installed the HRC client, also tried use the user "uccxhruser."

But i cannot reset password on uccx web page. i cannot save on webpage after i change it.

Do you know the default password?

Hey i m also facing the same problem.

Cisco historical report tool show following information.

username- 140057

AppServer- 10.10.2.27 (ccx_pub_uccx)

Database Server- ccx_sub_uccx (10.10.2.28)

and my machine IP address is: 10.10.5.82.

Please tell me whats going wrong.

Hi

Your username is wrong - it's not 140057.

It should be uccxhruser typically.

Regards

Aaron

Hey i m also facing the same problem.

Cisco historical report tool show following information.

username- 140057

AppServer- 10.10.2.27 (ccx_pub_uccx)

Database Server- ccx_sub_uccx (10.10.2.28)

and my machine IP address is: 10.10.5.82.

Please tell me whats going wrong.

I am curious regarding this "uccxhruser" and if there are any UCCX or UCM systems that also use this account and would be adversely affected if I change the password?  I have a DB Admin that would like me to grant them ODBC access to the DB, so they can do custom reporting, but I don't want to kill any existing processes, if any, that also use this account and would stop functioning if the password is changed.  It appears this is built exactly for the reason the DB Admin would like to use it and may not be used at all by UCCX itself, but I guess I am wondering if anyone can comment on their experience and validate that assumption?  The only caveat to changing this password I have seen at all is that it must be changed on all systems participating in an HA group.

Thanks...Brent

Brent,

You're correct ... changing the uccxhruser password won't affect any uccx or cucm systems. It is used for custom reporting applications.

I've change this password before on several different sites without issue.

Brian,

Please rate all helpful posts

Thanks Brian.

thank you very much for the document.

Seems the  UCCX Administrator and Developer Guide  give me the wrong info.

I saw your document need UCCX server  root password. where can i get it?  thank you.

Also  i try to reset the password on uccx webpage, but it seems doesn't work.  I can not save after i change the password of Histroic Reporting User"

Hi

Not sure about the default - what's the error you get when you save it? You shoudl be able to do this at any time if you have admin rights...

Aaron

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: