cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant set up backup in UCCX 8.5

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I keep getting the error "Unable to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond." when I add our FTP server to UCCX.  I'm using the same server for Call Manager, Unity, and Presence and they all connect and back up just fine.  This is an SFTP server.  I have tested connecting over sftp with the same account I'm using for UCCX with both Filezilla and PSFTP and they connect fine.

Anybody know why UCCX is complaining?

23 Replies 23

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi John,

Please try restatring the CiscoDRF Master and Agent service once.

Hope this helps.

Anand

Pls rate helpful posts !!

I just tried and it made no change.

Hi John,

Problem

UCCX backup fails with this error message: Update failed : Unable  to access SFTP server or SFTP server too slow to respond. Please make  sure the login credentials and path are correct.

Solution

This issue occurs when the path defined for back up is anything else  other than a backslash ( \ ), which is the root directory in most cases.  Ensure that you enter the path for backup as \.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080b1910b.shtml

Hope this helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

I've tried backslash forwardslash and subfolders.  None of that seems to work either.  As I said, I can connect just fine with CUPS, CUC and CUCM.

Hi John,

Strange issue.

1. Is it a UCCX HA setup? If yes, than check if all the services in both the UCCX nodes are running fine. Can you perform and configuration changes in the existing setup?

2. Please try giving the same path and credentials as in CUCM backup storage location (which is currently working fine).

Thanks,

Anand

It will eventually be an HA setup, but there is only one node at the moment.  All services are running.  I tried to configure it to backup with the same account as Call Manager and I got the same error.  I'm gonna attach a screen shot below.

Hi John,

Have you tried pinging the UCCX host fom the SFTP server?

What SFTP server are you running?  Are there any logs that will show a connection comming from the UCCX host?

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I can ping the server with no problems.  The SFTP server doesnt show an incoming connection when I try to set it up from UCCX.  The software is WS FTP by the company Ipswitch.

Hi John,

In your backup settings..  are you putting in the ip address of SFTP server or host name?  Please try by IP address and tell us if you get any different results.

From the UCCX console..  please issue

util network ping X where X is the ip address of the STFP server.   If your backup settings are using hostname..  type the hostname verse the ip address.

You can access the console via putty / ssh with the admin information setup during install.

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I've tried that.  These servers arent set up for DNS, so I'm only connecting via IP.  I can ping the server without issue.  The UCCX server is on the same subnet as CUCM, CUC, and CUPS.  It's not having routing issues since I can both ping the SFTP server, as well as connect to it from a different subnet entirely.  My other servers are not having a problem.

John,

Have you confirmed the subnet mask is set correctly for the UCCX server? As in the uccx server has the same subnet mask as the SFTP server?

Are they using the same default gateway?

Have you rebooted the uccx server & SFTP server?

have you tried a different SFTP server?  Since we know that the SFTP server is working as expected, trying adding a second IP too the SFTP server (crab shoot..  just for testing).

On the UCCX server...   Does the command utils network arp show an entry for the SFTP server?

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

Subnet mask is correct.  My workstation is on a different subnet, and the FTP is on a third subnet.  I can reach the server, and the server and ping myself and the FTP.  So IP Addressing is not the issue.  I havent tried another SFTP server, but that wouldnt really help me in this case.  I need to make it work with our production SFTP since that is where it needs to be.

I can ping the ftp server, but it's mac is not in the arp cache.

admin:utils network arp list

Address                  HWtype  HWaddress           Flags Mask            Iface

10.254.128.254           ether   00:26:0A:30:04:58   C                     eth0

10.254.128.120           ether   00:0C:29:65:AE:FC   C                     eth0

Entries: 2      Skipped: 0      Found: 2

admin:utils network ping 192.168.96.83

PING 192.168.96.83 (192.168.96.83) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from 192.168.96.83: icmp_seq=0 ttl=127 time=1.19 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.96.83: icmp_seq=1 ttl=127 time=1.04 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.96.83: icmp_seq=2 ttl=127 time=1.16 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.96.83: icmp_seq=3 ttl=127 time=1.14 ms

--- 192.168.96.83 ping statistics ---

4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3001ms

rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.044/1.139/1.198/0.057 ms, pipe 2

admin:utils network arp list

Address                  HWtype  HWaddress           Flags Mask            Iface

10.254.128.254           ether   00:26:0A:30:04:58   C                     eth0

10.254.128.120           ether   00:0C:29:65:AE:FC   C                     eth0

Entries: 2      Skipped: 0      Found: 2

admin:

John Huthmaker
Level 4
Level 4

I have no idea what happend, but I just tried and it happily added the SFTP server.  It would not do that on Friday Saturday or Sunday.  Nothing has changed, nor have I rebooted either.

Stranger things have happened I suppose.

Hi John,

Good to know that its working for you now .

Thanks,

Anand

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: