Views
Helpful
Replies

Capturing an agent dropping a call before answering a customer

Cisco Kbsl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There is a requirement to capture an agent dropping a call which was transferred to his queue and sending an SMS to the supervisor when this happens.

I just wanted to know if this could be done and also to call a website(php based on the internal network) using GET methods to be called when the customer is in queue and the agent drops the call.

Thank you!

10 Replies 10

Ravi Shankar Pandit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

I am not sure about your requirement. If customer is in Queue then how an agent will drop the call?

Agent can only drop the call when call is picked up by agent . Call in queue will only disconnected by caller or there might be some other service outage in Gateway/CUCM/UCCX.

Regards

Ravi

Hi,

Please let me clarify it. When the customer is in queue like say for 6 sec, then he goes to the next queue. When this happens a number of times and no agent answered, to send all the agents' extension number who did not answer the call. Please let me know if this could be done so I could check the feasibility. 

Thank you!!

This is a little more basic, but you could setup an alert in Supervisor Desktop to perform an action when a call is abandoned.  It can do an audible alert or send an email alert.  This will provide the CSQ name where the call was abandoned.  The difficult part would be telling them which specific call was abandoned.  You would need data from a call detail report to give them that

Hi, 

Thanks for the info! I'll surely check on that! :) But the supervisor needs an SMS to be sent soon as this happens. So I came up with the following script. The looping is done for 10 sec, because the cucm has 10 sec for an agent to be queued. I have to design it here and go to the client's site in order to check this. Could you please tell me if this script works? 

Thank you!

I don't think that will work under the queue, but if you use "select "agent instead of connecting directly to agent, you could perform some steps if the select fails. Now that I think about it, you could generate an email when a select fails and put the agent information in the email. You are going to need some sort of sms gateway to send text messages.

Hi,

Currently we have the Select resource option only. I added the queueing part and delay the queue for 10sec until the next agent is selected from the queue. I am not sure if that works. Is there any other way to get the agents name/extension and set it to the variable? SMS gateway is made into a jar file and then uploaded to the Document Section under classpath.

I was typing from my phone so it was hard to specify further.

In the "Select Resource" step, there is a radio button for "Connect".  If you select "no" the option "Connected" changes to "Selected".  Then, you can put a "Connect: step under that.  Here is a screenshot of a recent script I did just to show you:

The good thing about doing it this way is you can perform actions if the Connect fails.  You can "Get User" information before the Connect Step, map it to a variable, then generate an email or http post with the information you captured.

If you have SMS capabilities already, you can perform whatever function you are currently doing to send out a text message.  In my experience, you need a third party SMS product that can send text messages to the various different carriers.  There are SMS gateways that can receive an email and send a text message with the email's text.  That is why I was suggesting you generate an email in the UCCX script.  If SMS is not a viable option, you could still send the email to a contact center manager or distribution group.

Hi,

Thank you very much for the explanation. So if the customer disconnects the call when he is in queue, it is possible to detect it using ContactInactiveException isn't it? If not any other way to detect it?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure the "ContactinactiveException" will be able to trigger it like you said.  You could enter the Agent's username into a variable when the agent fails to answer and perform an action on the ContactinactiveException.

Hi ,

Yes you can configure supervisor workflow to get the alerts . But this will not give you information which agent didnt answer the calls. But supervisor can see historical report to get these information. Or you can query real time database of uccx and user these information to notify.

If you want to use default CSD notification then please check page number 67 .

you can configure email alert or audible alerts .

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/user/guide/csd85ccxug-cm.pdf

I hope this will help

Regards

Ravi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: