Views
Helpful
Replies

CCAgent Process Window

Essam Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

How can I view CCAgent Process Window like the one below. I need to know the active PGs.

63173-norfailover-dmode-01.gif

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, I am new to UCCE.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

What you're seeing in that screenshot is something called EMSMON that basically is a live look at the log file being written for that particular process. To launch that, you can log into the server, launch a command prompt and change your directory to the logfiles directory. So for example, on a call router, you would change your directory to c:\icm\<your_instance_name>\ra\logfiles. Once there, you can launch EMSMON by entering emsmon <your_instance_name> routera rtr , for example.

If you want to know your active PGs, you can log into your PG server(s) and either launch Diagnostic Framework Portico from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Cisco Unified CCE Tools ... enter in your domain credentials and click on ListProcesses. You'll see your components and processes. You can also use OPC Test: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/icm-peripheral-gateway/20418-30.html

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

What you're seeing in that screenshot is something called EMSMON that basically is a live look at the log file being written for that particular process. To launch that, you can log into the server, launch a command prompt and change your directory to the logfiles directory. So for example, on a call router, you would change your directory to c:\icm\<your_instance_name>\ra\logfiles. Once there, you can launch EMSMON by entering emsmon <your_instance_name> routera rtr , for example.

If you want to know your active PGs, you can log into your PG server(s) and either launch Diagnostic Framework Portico from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Cisco Unified CCE Tools ... enter in your domain credentials and click on ListProcesses. You'll see your components and processes. You can also use OPC Test: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/icm-peripheral-gateway/20418-30.html

Thanks for the detailed reply Omar. Yeah portico can give me these details, but just wanted to explore other options and I was curious about that screenshot as well.

I tried your example command from routera and I am getting this output for ccagent:

Untitled.jpg

Is this normal? I was hoping to get the output as in the screenshot, am I doing something wrong here?

You have done it correctly. If you do not see the stuff about the "user" at the end you have made a mistake.

Do you think you are looking at the active CC Agent? Perhaps not. Use rttest or diagnostic portal to determine which side is ruuning the active CC Agent.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff for your reply.

I tried that from both routers and it's giving me same output.

rttest also gave me similar output from both servers:

Untitled.png

And Portico output:

Untitled.png

You need to run rttest using the following arguments

++router A

rttest /cust <instance> /node routera

and

++router B ++

rttest /cust <instance> /node routerb

Please rate all useful posts

Just to add to this, this looks normal. I get the same output on my active router as well. I dont see any further messages apart from what you see

emsmon.PNG

Thank you Ayodeji for your reply.

My main question was related to the window title bar of the original screenshot I shared earlier:

63173-norfailover-dmode-01.gif

How can I see InService PGs status in the title bar? Because that is new to me.

I don't know what version they removed it from the title bar (i think version 9), but that's no longer there. Cisco really wants you to use Portico

Omar,

I dont even see how protico helps here. CCAgent process shows inSvc on both routers regardless of which is active or idle, so there is no way to know which is the actual process the PG is connecting to. I guess best thing is to use rttest to determine the active router and I am assuming that the CCAgent process on it will be the process the PGagent will be talking to

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: