cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCE v12.5 Smart Licensing

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

For v12.5 CCE, how are the flex seat licenses allocated? Is this solely based on concurrent agents logged in or does it include port usage as well?  I ask as our "In Use" number in CSSM doesn't seem to match anywhere close to max concurrent agents logged in when we look in CUIC for license consumption. For example, our max agent logged in is around 1,300 whereas CSSM seat In Use shows around 2,400. Can someone explain how CSSM is distributing this please? TIA.

5 Replies 5

How are you calculating the max agent logged in count?

They are looking at agent counts every 15 minutes, and I wouldn't imagine you have that much of an overlap during say a shift change.

Here's the link on how it is tracked.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_12_5_1/administration/guide/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified12_5/ucce_b_administration-guide-for-cisco-unified12_5_chapter_0111...

We're tracking agent logged in in realtime via the t_Peripheral_Real_Time report as well as pulling historical via the License Consumption report. I understand there could be fluctuations during shift changes but it shouldn't be by that much. Looks like I might need to open a TAC case on this to have it looked at.

Hi @SANJ21 , I was just curious with this, is it only the agent counts that are looking odd to you, or do the CVP/VXML counts look odd as well? I haven't had to work with Smart Licensing yet, but know that the agent counts and the CVP/VXML counts are separate thresholds with separate impacts.

Hey Bill,

The self-service ports seem to be in line with what we expected and based on report usage as well. I did find out that within CCEAdmin, there's a License Management page that shows current report count for seat usage and whether you're in compliance or not. I was able to compare this to CSSM and they seem to be inline and showed the same counts in use. Not sure why the previous one was way off. I'll have to continue monitoring this.

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted how it turns out.

Also, if CSSM showed the wrong count, are you still in compliance everywhere as was this weirdness as far as counts that you saw enough that it has tripped the threshold, and you're in the Out of Compliance countdown?