cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMP 11.0.1 installation issue

pathyilbinu
Level 1
Level 1

We are doing a fresh installation of CCMP on a windows 2012 server using the OVA template.

Initially an error comes as TempDB and TempDB log directory should be in different discs even though when I deployed ova template , only one hard disk is created.

And also when undergoing "database installer" I'm receiving an error saying that no disk space in C drive.

Please advice if separate disk has to be created apart from C drive.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

looks to be a documentation issue,

The reply from PDI was this:

The single vDisk has just been a legacy item that has escaped scrutiny since the addition of the note in documentation raised due to performance considerations. For the 11.5 release, we are looking to change this OVA. Preference here would be to use the performance guided 2 vDisk topology given sufficient storage to do so.

B

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, could you tell us which OVA template you used (attach it to the post).

Also, did you try bringing up the Disk Management tool in Windows and attach the disk? It might not have been initialized yet.

G.

Hi Gergely ,

There were no ova templates used for CCMP 11.0 installation as the customer just gave us the server with the specs as same as ova template. (RAM:4GB ,HDD:100B,CPU:4)

Please advice if it is okay to use the ova template before installing ccmp.

Note : CCMP is installed on non cisco servers  (UCS) at present.

Below is the error we are getting.

This is not the correct procedure to install any UC application. Use the required OVA template from the below link to exactly match the specs which are required. Apart from RAM, HDD, CPU there are other things as well that an OVA takes care of:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Contact_Center_Management_Portal#Version_11.0.281.29

As far as installing it on Non Cisco Server is concerned, it is ok as long as it satisfies the Third-Party Server Specs-Based configuration mentioned in the below document:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#.22Can_I_use_this_server.3F.22

Regards

Deepak

Dear Deepak,

In the ovf template ccmp_v10.0.1_single_vmv8.ova , it shows only one hard disk .As per the installation guide for ccmp , the SQL Server TempDB directory and TempDB log directory are not recommended to be located on the same disk as the operating system.

And the error as seen in the screenshot above is not enough space for C drive.

Kindly advice.

Hi,

if you have a relatively small UCCE system, you can build a single server CCMP, even with one disk. I have done that.

Can you post that error message again, please, I can't see it.

G.

Hi Gergely,

I have attached the error message as attachment.

Hi.

That's a bit weird. Can you please start up the Disk Management tool (diskmgmt.msc) and take a look at the disks. Do you see the correct size of the C: drive?

G.

I raised case with cisco and they told to add another hard disk keeping memory and number of cpus same .Its an issue with the ova template.

Hi, thanks for posting this information.

Is there a bug associated with this? If so, can you share the Bug ID please?

G.

Hi,

looks to be a documentation issue,

The reply from PDI was this:

The single vDisk has just been a legacy item that has escaped scrutiny since the addition of the note in documentation raised due to performance considerations. For the 11.5 release, we are looking to change this OVA. Preference here would be to use the performance guided 2 vDisk topology given sufficient storage to do so.

B