cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCMP 12.5 Install/Access Issue

SANJ21
Level 1
Level 1

First time doing Contact Center Management Portal (CCMP) install and followed Install guide for configuration/setup and used most of  the defaults they recommended in the doc. However, I'm not able to access the portal URL (https://{app server}/Portal) and am getting an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". Verified this is the FQDN Web URI in the ICE Setup configuration for UCCMP Servers. Tried also Managementfrom within the servers using IP or hostname and different browsers. I'm probably missing something. When I look at the Application Server logs, it's complaining about not being able to connect to SQL as below:

2021-05-19 20:14:36,787 INFO [44 ] Monitoring.ConnectionMonitor Attempting to load new cluster model from [localhost/Portal]
2021-05-19 20:14:51,536 WARN [44 ] Monitoring.ConnectionMonitor Failed to load cluster model from [localhost/Portal]. Error: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server). Will attempt configuration from an alternate connection... Exception: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Message: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

I have a single-sided CCMP with only 2 servers (1 for app/web and the other is the DB). Both in the same subnet and reachable via IP/DNS. Verified SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER) and SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER) are running and even started SQL Server Browser manually.

Any ideas where I should be looking at? TIA

2 Replies 2

I know you mentioned the SQL portion, but I remember seeing that the portal must be explicitly whitelisted with some browsers to be able to be reached, have you checked that?

Hey Bill,

Are you referring to putting the IPs in the trusted sites within the browser? If so, I did try that (both IP and FQDN) and also tried accessing the Portal from within the Application server but still getting the same thing. Also tried different browsers with the same results. 

I've also rebooted servers completely.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: