Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.0 and Agent Response Scripts

shikamarunara
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This particular topic is new territory for me.  I would like to configure, based on CSQ, on screeen scripts for agents to follow when answering phone calls.  Is such a thing possible?  If so, can someone point me to a resource?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, it's possible.. There will be lots of possible ways to do this...

The first idea that comes to mind would be (with a Premium UCCX license) to simply pop a web page (served up from either a web server or the UCCX server itself via a HTTP trigger) that contains the text script to follow. The correct script could be returned based on the CSQ for the call, which you could send to CAD via enterprise data.

You could pop the script either in the CAD browser or externally in IE etc.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

Hi

Basically the easiest way to do this would be to :

1. Edit your script to set callvariable 1 to the name of the CSQ - I'll imagine you have sales and helpdesk as CSQ names here. Use a 'set enterprise data' step.
  2. Create a .html file on a web server that lists the script wording for the agents for each queue with names matching the CSQs. So you may have helpdesk.html, sales.html, whatever.
  3. For each CSQ/script, in Desktop Administrator create a HTTP Action that refers to each web page, and call each action Web-Helpdesk, Web-Sales, or whatever.
  4. Add the action to a new workflow in CDA, each action would be triggered based on a rule that says 'call variable 1 = helpdesk' to trigger the Web-Helpdesk action, another rule that says 'call vairable 1 = sales' to trigger Web-Sales.
  5. Assign the new workflow to a test agent and get them to log out/in to try it.

Details of most of this are in the Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide. Definately worth a thorough read of the appropriate sections if you aren't familiar with this stuff.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes, it's possible.. There will be lots of possible ways to do this...

The first idea that comes to mind would be (with a Premium UCCX license) to simply pop a web page (served up from either a web server or the UCCX server itself via a HTTP trigger) that contains the text script to follow. The correct script could be returned based on the CSQ for the call, which you could send to CAD via enterprise data.

You could pop the script either in the CAD browser or externally in IE etc.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

The CAD browser definitely sounds like the way to go.  Is this something that can be configured in a step in the script?  How do you go about it?

Hi

Basically the easiest way to do this would be to :

1. Edit your script to set callvariable 1 to the name of the CSQ - I'll imagine you have sales and helpdesk as CSQ names here. Use a 'set enterprise data' step.
  2. Create a .html file on a web server that lists the script wording for the agents for each queue with names matching the CSQs. So you may have helpdesk.html, sales.html, whatever.
  3. For each CSQ/script, in Desktop Administrator create a HTTP Action that refers to each web page, and call each action Web-Helpdesk, Web-Sales, or whatever.
  4. Add the action to a new workflow in CDA, each action would be triggered based on a rule that says 'call variable 1 = helpdesk' to trigger the Web-Helpdesk action, another rule that says 'call vairable 1 = sales' to trigger Web-Sales.
  5. Assign the new workflow to a test agent and get them to log out/in to try it.

Details of most of this are in the Cisco Desktop Administrator User Guide. Definately worth a thorough read of the appropriate sections if you aren't familiar with this stuff.

Regards

Aaron

This is an excellent start, I will definitely be looking this up in the Admin guide.  Thanks, Aaron, you're a big help as always. :)