Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5 HA virtual+physical server over WAN

Hello for everyone.

There is such task to deploy CCX 8.5 HA cluster - make one node on virtual maschine and second node on the physical server over WAN (wow! :).

So there some question. Anybody already does this deployment model? Will there any trouble in admistration and working in such way?

Will this configuration supported by Cisco?

Tried to find it out on cisco.com and google.com, but no success. So i think, if Cisco supports deployment on hardware, and on virtual so there no problem. But by hardware+virtual, there's a question.

So, any help and thoughts on this will be kindly appreciated!

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it's supported as long as they are equivelent hardware. In other words you can't use the 300 OVA on one side and an MCS-7825 on the other. You would need to use a MCS-7845. Personally I wouldn't recommend this. At some point MCS hardware will fall off the compatibility matrix forcing the customer to move to UCS at that time. CCX is rather finicy when it comes to backup/restore of a node in the HA cluster. That's a task I would avoid if you can.

In my way hardware is different, but recommended by Cisco for CCX. Ofcourse recomended separately for virtual and HW implementation.