Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 9.0 Australian Outbound Campaign

We already use the outbound campaign in CCX for domestic customers but now wish to branch out to Australian customers.  My problem is how to setup area code/time zones.  From wyhat I understand we should use the country code (61) and the area code.  Unfortunately, Australian area codes are one digit so 611 would turn out to be a US area code.  Any idea on how we would set this up?

3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In most business phone systems, there is a PSTN access code of "9".  And in most NANP based dial plans, the prefix "011" means "international."

Therefore the number being dialed should be 9011611..., which would send it to the PSTN, because of the leading "9", and then the telco should receive 011611..., which should differentiate it from 611.

Is that how your phone system is designed too?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

That will certainly work in dialing out but one of the steps needed is to setup area codes which tells the system which time zone you are dialing.  If I were to add 61 (the country code for Australia) and 2 (The area code) that would be 612 which is already setup in my system (612 that is) as central time zone. I need to tell the system what time zone is for say,  Melbourne.

Hey! 612, that's my area code!  Minneapolis, MN. 

First off, I have not used the Outbound campaign in UCCX in a very long time, so I'm a bit rusty.

Secondly, I do see in the Admin guide it states:

The U.S. area code mappings are provided along with the             product. International customers should provide their own data and add it to             the database. 

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_U767AC77_00_uccx-admin-guide_chapter_01100.html#UCCX_RF_O26099AC_00

Have you provided your own data and have you added it to the database?

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.