cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Editor

gailfaires
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to create a script in CCX Editor I am creating a Menu and I keep getting the error message: Unable to parse expression; invalid identifier: pSpanishOption (line 1, col 1). What does this mean?UCCX

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This area here, is where you need to create your variables first before referencing them in the script steps

uccs-variables-pane.png

Since the error was "invalid identifier: pSpanishOption" and we do not see a variable in the pane by that name, we now see why it's complaining.  If you were to simply add a new variable of Type Prompt and name is pSpanishOption, the error will go away.

However, just because you made the error go away, doesn't mean success...not yet.  You should know why you have the variable and what it does for your script.  For example where you have 2600.wav asking if the caller is a spanish speaker, this is probably where a variable like pSpanishOption would be used (assuming based on name alone), however, I can see you've assigned that value to pSpanishSpeakerMain.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It sounds like the script is referencing a variable that does not exist - pSpanishOption - do you have a variable named that?

James,

I am sending this knowing that everyone will now know how dumb I really am. I do not have a pSpanishOption. Do I need to add a variable for that?

Respectfully,

Wanda Hoeninghausen-Faires

HFW Consulting

Information Technology

Telephony Support/VoIP

Avaya/Cisco Administrator/

Implementation/Migration Engineer

Personal Cell: 423-262-9935

wandahf4@gmail.com

gailfaires@aol.com

hfwconsulting.wandahfaires@aol.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/wanda-faires-03831450

You might want to post the script so that people can review it.

Bill, I have been attempting to do just that. I am trying. I am using 11.5, I have attached the script, and the script build in CXX Editor, but I know it is all wrong. But please take a look at what I am trying to do. Prompt numbers for Support Scripts 3_24_2020.png

Anthony,

Thank you so much for that, I am so appreciative for your help. I am not really sure what I am doing and have never done this type of work before. This is my first time creating a script. I will attempt to correct this, but I am not sure where I need to put the pSpanishOption. Do I remove the pSpanishSpeakerMain and replace it with pSpanishOption?

I'd be happy to help you live over a webex if you want. Send me an email to anthony@netguys.net.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This area here, is where you need to create your variables first before referencing them in the script steps

uccs-variables-pane.png

Since the error was "invalid identifier: pSpanishOption" and we do not see a variable in the pane by that name, we now see why it's complaining.  If you were to simply add a new variable of Type Prompt and name is pSpanishOption, the error will go away.

However, just because you made the error go away, doesn't mean success...not yet.  You should know why you have the variable and what it does for your script.  For example where you have 2600.wav asking if the caller is a spanish speaker, this is probably where a variable like pSpanishOption would be used (assuming based on name alone), however, I can see you've assigned that value to pSpanishSpeakerMain.

Anthony, Thank you so much for that, I am so appreciative for your help. I am not really sure what I am doing and have never done this type of work before. This is my first time creating a script. I will attempt to correct this, but I am not sure where I need to put the pSpanishOption. Do I remove the pSpanishSpeakerMain and replace it with pSpanishOption?
Respectfully,

Wanda Hoeninghausen-FairesHFW ConsultingInformation TechnologyTelephony Support/VoIPAvaya/Cisco Administrator/Implementation/Migration EngineerPersonal Cell: 423-262-9935wandahf4@gmail.com
gailfaires@aol.comhfwconsulting.wandahfaires@aol.comhttps://hfwconsulting.myfreesites.net
http://www.linkedin.com/in/wanda-faires-03831450
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: