cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Historical Reporting authentication problem

Ruslan Kravets
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have an issue. I created additional user in the sql-server (where UCCX is ran) and changed authentication method form windows to both - sql and windows. Now my sql connector can use this new account for database access - all works fine. But when I try to use CCX Historical Reports client I take a message that it couldn't enter to the database. Does anybody know how CCX HR client can get the access to the DB with this authentication method in the server?

Thanks.

Ruslan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

from the machin hosts the HRC open the config.ini and whats the authintication parameter value ? im not sure about the name of the ini folder (have no access to my lab).

check this : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080aa8e6f.shtml

thanks

haitham

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This was not supported until 7.0(1)SR4 or later. The product documentation cites that mixed mode authentication is not supported before then. The SR4 release notes had a note saying you could change it starting in that release. You probably need to upgrade.

We use 7.0(1)SR05_Build504 version...

from the machin hosts the HRC open the config.ini and whats the authintication parameter value ? im not sure about the name of the ini folder (have no access to my lab).

check this : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a0080aa8e6f.shtml

thanks

haitham

That's the hrcConfig.ini file with parameters:

;1 - Windows NT Authentication

;2 - Mixed Mode Authentication

Selecting the second parameter probably must help but in my case it didn't change anything. I don't know - why. I solved this issue another way. We will use windows auth..

Thanks a lot!

Ruslan

hi Ruslan, how did you solve it .

thansk

haitham

Hi! I've wrote that we just will use the windows authentication not mixed mode wich selected by default in the SQL-server. And requests from hosts to the SQL-server will place under special windows account.

regards,

Ruslan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: