cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Outbound Dialing Prompt

jhreed
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to play an announcement such as 'your call will be recorded' prior to an agent making a manual outbound call (not using any automatic Outbound dialer capabilities) in CCX?

John
3 Replies 3

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Who would hear this message?

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

...so I thought this was an interesting challenge.

1.  Manual Outbound call without any dialer capability

2.  Play "Call may be recorded" or other QA message [to answering called number -- assumed]

3.  Using UCCX

I was able to get this working--albeit a bit convoluted.  

Logic to get this working:

2019-1014-AgentResourcePlaceCallPlayQA_Msg.png

Primary scripting elements for the call processing:

2019-1014-scAgentResourcePlaceCallPlayQA_Msg.PNG

...the caveat is that the Calling Party gets disconnected (and then called back via a 'Call Redirect' step); the Called Party is 'redirected' after hearing "Your call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes" message.  The Called Party does not experience a disconnect and is not aware that the call is actually being redirected as they are in a "Call Hold" state.

I think I will further enhance this script application and use the Set Enterprise Call Info step to make call details report-able in Call Custom Variable report in CUIC. 

Let me know your thoughts.

-Sean

That does seem complex, but it is creative. If only the Call Consult Transfer step, in addition to being able to outpulse DTMF after the called party answers, could play audio, that would make this easier. Or, if UCCX would let us join two disparate contacts together (e.g., triggering and place call), that would also make this easier. Or, if CUCM would just add this to the CURRI API, that would make this easier. I now wonder if this would be achievable on the gateway with TCL scripts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: