cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Queue issues

Steven Williams
Level 4
Level 4

I am very new to phones, and CCX is a beast to me. Here is what I am dealing with.

I have a helpdesk queue for my department. Everyone has their own individual extension and their helpdesk extension. This is how it was when I got here. I think this is correct. Now I have a user that has a desk phone subscribed to the CCX queue and is assigned to the group within ccx desktop admin. His desk phone works as expected. Now he is offsite on Wednesdays and needs to offer helpdesk coverage from 3 to 5. So I have set him up a CIPC phone and used it same individual extension but gave him a new helpdesk queue extension. 1108 and oppose to 1104. I also created him an additional username in AD called user2. When I hit services button on his CIPC phone it says registering and sits there for minutes without logging in. So I hit cancel, then hit services again, it says the user is already logged in press 1 to disconnect or 2 to use another user account. so I hit 1 then it says "password entered is invalid" but I didn't type a password?

Can someone guide me on whats possibly going on here?

8 Replies 8

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

first of all, is the new user "user2" added into the correct Contact Service Queue (CSQ) in UCCX?

G.

User is setup the same exact way his primary user is setup and his primary user account/phone works just fine.

Can the user not have the same "Primary Extension" on both their user accounts in the "End User" section of UCM?

Does the CIPC phone tie to their network login by chance? Should the user be signing in as "user2" into windows?

I reset the CIPC this AM, went back in and it says press 1 to logout, or press 2 to login using different user.

I press 2, login as "user2" with the other IPCC ext 1108, and it says user is logged in somewhere else?

Yes. Like I have said "user2" is setup the same exact way as "user"

Okay, can you attach screen shots of the user and user2 configuration within UCCX?

G.

Both have skill levels of 5.

johnirey1
Level 1
Level 1

From the way you described it, you have setup the scenario correctly where you are not sharing a ACD line across two devices.  I am unclear on the use of the services button.  Are you trying to use extension mobility? EM is not inherently needed for your scenario, since you are using different ACD extensions (1108 and 1004).  Are you trying to use the Cisco IP Phone Agent (IPPA)?

If you want to use IPPA, that is ok.  Make sure you set up the BIPPA user (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_0/installation/guide/cad90ccxig.pdf) as described on page 128 of the CAD install guide. 

Lets Go Hawks!

John Irey

Tympani Inc.

So the services button is what I press to "login" to the helpdesk queue so that my user can be on the helpdesk phone call rotation. As far as shared lines across the devices they are only sharing their Direct number not their helpdesk extension. What is IPPA?