Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX recording step and exceptions

e.gailiss
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I'm working on age old solution  - record a message in IVR and send it via email attachment. I created simple test script - recording, create email, attach, send. All is working fine if I play by the rules - record my message and press # at the end. If record as I woudl do in any voicemail system - just say my piece and hang up - I get java.io NotReaializable exception in Recording step.

Is there any way how to work around this?

Ervins

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

The exception thrown is actually a byproduct of another one: ContactInactiveException. This is thrown when a CCX script step tries to do something but the contact that triggered that step does not exist anymore. It's quite logical: even though you start the recording, so your voice message is buffered, but you never tell UCCX to stop recording.

There's one simple way to solve this: insert an On exception goto step into your script (of course, before that recording step), and tell the script to jump to a specific label that would clear this exception and then just continue normally, as if nothing has happened, save the recording in a document or so.

G.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi.

The exception thrown is actually a byproduct of another one: ContactInactiveException. This is thrown when a CCX script step tries to do something but the contact that triggered that step does not exist anymore. It's quite logical: even though you start the recording, so your voice message is buffered, but you never tell UCCX to stop recording.

There's one simple way to solve this: insert an On exception goto step into your script (of course, before that recording step), and tell the script to jump to a specific label that would clear this exception and then just continue normally, as if nothing has happened, save the recording in a document or so.

G.

I was suspecting that "ContactInactive" exception might come in handy. I'm just not sure that recording variable will still contain recorded message even during the exception. I'll test your idea and get back. Thank you!

Just did the test. You are right. Thank you!