Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX replace DNIS information

Hello,

I need some assistance figuring out if its possible to do. Here is my problem we have a single number that triggers UCCX application, we have another application that is outside of UCCX that connects to cisco finesse notification service and listens to incoming call information and based on calling number it pulls information but since it needs to pull information from multiple databases the only reason to separate that is to use different called numbers, my questions is there a way to replace DNIS information ? or re route a call out of uccx and back to uccx with different called number? 

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

UCCX cannot modify the calling and/or called number of the call via scripting, so if you're going to solve a digit manipulation challenge, you might be looking at sending the call out to CUCM, hitting a translation pattern, and then sending it back in to UCCX...only...that's not exactly supported.

"Use of "Consult Transfer", "Direct Transfer", or "Redirect" to a translation pattern that maps back to a route point."
Source: UCCX 11.6(2) Release Notes

So then, I guess you could use CURRI API in CUCM, since this isn't specifically called out as being unsupported, and it would allow you to manipulate the calling/called numbers.

I'm not actually sure I understand what you described actually.  This part in particular: "...but since it needs to pull information from multiple databases the only reason to separate that is to use different called numbers..."  I don't know what that is describing.  Can you rephrase it?  Or give more details?

Thank you for your response, here is more explanation: 3rd party application that listens for finesse notifications can be programmed to lookup information from 3rd party database based on DNIS information for example if called number is 7635555555 lookup customer information from database 1 and if called number is 7637777777 lookup customer from database 2 and display it on a screen.

In my script I had query setup to identify customers with dbread and dbget queries based on ANI number and then I used Set Enterprise info to set DNIS that is being sent to finesse but it’s not working with this 3rd party application.

Wondering if there is any other way this can be solved?

I have to use database query to sort through customers to identify to which database customer belongs based on ANI number and then transfer call with specific DNIS information to CCX queue this is the only way that 3rd party application is going to be able to pull information.

That's helps, so thank you, but it's still not quite crystal clear to me. Sorry for being dense!

Is the 3rd party app, doing the lookup on DNIS, integrated with the finesse desktop? If so, how? Workflows?

Can you post your script for review? What's the name of this 3rd party application?

Likewise, I am struggling to understand why DNIS is required and/or useful when performing database queries.

We got it working. Thank you for your help. DNIS was required because it was used to seperate customers for multiple institutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: