Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX scripting question speak or press

DAFitzgerald
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have had a request to put in a menu option for a customer where they are given the option to speak "sales" or press "1", etc.  I found an XML sample doc in the CCX 8.5 design guide.  I am trying to figure out how the XML script gets called from the AEF script once the time of day is done and then the choice passed back from the xml file to contuine into the get resouce and then queue if no agents are available.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this?  I am currently in the design phase of the project.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Speech recognition requires external ASR server from Nuance for example.

Hi Chris,

Old thread but I'm curious if you have seen or heard of UCCX integration with any open source ASR solutions?

Amir

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

the XML you referred to is probably a Grammar XML file, it's basically a list of inputs and input types UCCX may accept (and ignore the rest). You can use grammars without an external ASR server using the Voice Browser step, mixing in some VXML too but without an external ASR server (as explained by cderen above) you won't get speech recognition.

G.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: