Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Select Resource - Queue Time - Ring Time

Hi Experts, 

I am a bit confused to understand the queue time and the ring time in the CCX. 

I have configured the queue overflow as shown below. 

image.png

Please correct me if I am wrong here; 

1. Every select resource step has the same timeout value 12 here. I am expecting the call will be taken away from the agent if the agent doesn't answer the call within 12 seconds ring time and deliver to another available agent in the queue, or overflow to the next queued CSQ (CSQ1 .. so on). 
  2. As per my understanding, if the call delivered to an agent in CSQ (first CSQ in the above script), the ring time and queue time should be almost the same, otherwise, there should be RNA for another agent (if it first rings on one agent in the CSQ and delivers to another agent in the same queue due to RNA of the first agent). But I don't see any RNA in the CSQ1 team members 

image.png

Am I doing anything wrong here or am I missing anything else to be considered? as long as the queue time is great 12 seconds, i am expecting to see more than one entry in the report or increment value in the Ring No Answer column of CSQ Agent Summary Report.

Highly appreciated any inputs. 

Regards,

Shalid 

4 Replies 4

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Shalid,

Your script looks a little odd. Most scripts would use one Select Resource step rather than four linked one as you show.

You could use Most Skilled to select agents in the way you want.

The reporting would work better as there would only be one CSQ to report on (I am assuming that your four Select Resource steps go to separate CSQs).

jasonmeredith
Level 1
Level 1

Point 1 is fine.

In Point 2, Queue Time and Ring Time measure different parts of the call..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_6/user/guide/uccx_b_ccx-reporting-guide/uccx_b_ccx-reporting-guide_chapter_01.html

Queue Time - "Elapsed time between the time a call entered the Contact Service Queue (CSQ) and the time that the call rang."

Ring Time - "Elapsed time between the time that a call rang and the time that the call was answered by an agent, routed to another agent, or disconnected. This field is blank if the call was not routed to an agent."

So don't think they'd be the same as they are measuring two different things. 

Also, think you'd see the RNA stat in a different report for the agent that didn't pick up the call, not the agent that eventually answered it.

In the Select Resource Step that 12 is for ring time only - i.e. in the docs it specifies that it has to be less than than UCM disconnect or forward to VM timer.  See https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!select-resource-step/select-resource-step

If you want to stagger the time before introducing another CSQ you'll typically use prompt/delay.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/63710-multi-csqs-call.html

Wish you all the best.

I referred to the shared documents mentioned in your response. unfortunately, there are no delay or queue prompts in the script. The client doest like any system interacting with the caller. I got the point related to the Queue time and Ring time. If there are no prompts or delays in the script, do you think the queue time and the ring time should be around the same? I checked the MIVR logs and I didn't see anything which delays the call delivery.
Very often the report shows a very high duration than the ring time and not seeing the call rang in any other agent (not registered RNA for any other agents. I am unable to give a proper response to the requester yet.

The RNA has configured correctly. UCCX RNA < call manager Call Forward No Answer timeout

Regards,

(a) Test the Queuetime/Ringtime with a test script set up in the same way (no queue prompts) with one CSQ and one agent.  Deliver a call, let it ring for a set amount of seconds, answer it and then check the report.  For me, they should be different but for reporting stuff like that I always do a little test at the lowest level.

(b) The script itself might be a reason why you don't get an RNA.  Basically, the way I read it is that:

(i) Call is offered to CSQ.  If agent isn't available in CSQ call is offered to (CSQ + CSQ1).  If agent isn't available in (CSQ + CSQ1) then call is offered to (CSQ + CSQ1 + CSQ2).  If agent isn't available in (CSQ + CSQ1 + CSQ2) then call is offered to (CSQ + CSQ1 + CSQ2 + CSQ3 ). Call doesn't have to ring at agent phone while going through this logic.  See https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-contact-center-express/63710-multi-csqs-call.html 

Looking at that script I think it might be possible for call to be queued to ( CSQ + CSQ1 + CSQ2 + CSQ3 ), go to QueueMessage and be answered by an agent in any of those CSQs . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: