Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX upgrade 7.x -> 8.x

Jason Ewing
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We're planning upgrading our UCCX system from 7.01SR5 to 8.02SU3 and are also planning to virtualize UCCX on the UCS C-series platform with version 8.  Since we're jumping from windows based v7 to linux based v8 can we jump straight onto the UCS platform or do we need to upgrade to 8.02 on our current IBM MCS platform then migrate to UCS?

We'll be running CUCM 7.1.3bSU3 which looks to be compatible with UCCX 8.02SU3 from the compatiblity matrix.  After we bring UCCX up to v8 then we'll bring our CUCM cluster up to 8.

Thanks!

Jay

2 Replies 2

malhaque
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jay,

Unified CCX 8.5(1) offers a direct solution for Cisco Unified CCX 7.0(1) SR5 or 7.0(2) to upgrade to Unified CCX 8.5(1). Unified CCX 8.5(1) offers a direct solution for Cisco Unified CCX 7.0(1) SR5 or 7.0(2) to upgrade to Unified CCX 8.5(1).

You dont need to go to 8.x on MCS server. You can backup UCCX 7.0 on MCS and restore on UCS as UCCX 8.5 direct.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_8_5/installation/guide/uccx851_ug.pdf

Thanks

Great!  That's what I was hoping to hear malhaque. Thanks!

I still think we'll go to UCCX 8.02 first then go to UCCX 8.5.1 since 8.02 is the only version to support CUCM 7.x.  I don't want to be upgrading both CUCM and UCCX to 8.5 in a single maintenance window.

Jay