cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Upgrade in HA procedure

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I'm planning the SU2 upgrade for my 8.02 UCCX cluster.

How much can I do during business hours?  We're a low volume call center, so I'm not concerned about load.

Can I upload the image to the inactive on node1, then also on node2?  And then of course once I do the switch version on node1 our outage would begin.

-Bill-

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bill

You can run the install during production hours however ensure that you don't set it to restart/switch version upon the install.

As for node 2 I haven't had the opportunity to test wither you can upgrade 2 nodes yet without the switch version however this should atleast get your call center up and running on one node once the switch version is complete.

Regards

Hoai Huynh

View solution in original post

As Hoai said,  you can do the upgrade during production.  The procedure is upgrade node1, once complete, upgrade node2.  Then wait for your outage window.  Switch version on node1, once complete, switch version on node2.  Rerun desktop config tool.  Update clients.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Bill

You can run the install during production hours however ensure that you don't set it to restart/switch version upon the install.

As for node 2 I haven't had the opportunity to test wither you can upgrade 2 nodes yet without the switch version however this should atleast get your call center up and running on one node once the switch version is complete.

Regards

Hoai Huynh

As Hoai said,  you can do the upgrade during production.  The procedure is upgrade node1, once complete, upgrade node2.  Then wait for your outage window.  Switch version on node1, once complete, switch version on node2.  Rerun desktop config tool.  Update clients.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: