Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX Upgrade question from 11.1 to 11.6.2

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team

Our customer are using CUCM 10.5.2 and CCX 11.0.1 we want to upgrade their UC platform but
we would like to upgrade first of all CCX 11.6.2 and after that CUCM will be upgrade version 12.0 so my question is that CCX 11.6.2 is not orderable now and its looks end of sale how can they migrate ?

because we can not upgrade CCX directly 12.0.1 can you please advice procedure and what should we have ?

Existing CCX version is 11.1 but we want to upgrade it 11.6.2 then we can able to upgrade  CUCM also 12.5.su5 for compabilities.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Anything you do here is going to involve multiple hops. Depending on the complexity of the CUCM and CCX configs, you could build a new cluster on all current versions and flash cut to it. That would also give you a chance to do some testing of the new cluster prior to go live. It does mean new IP's, and new host names, etc.

KY_
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Elliot

Thanks for the response but  I did not understand your point. i just need to clarify that things if someone face same condition before.Can I integrate another CCX server with new ip existing CUCM server ? I mean one CUCM cluster can be work more than one CCX server  not publisher and subsriber.

Can you please describe details ?

Thanks

What I was describing was building a completely new CUCM and CCX cluster with different names and IP addresses on the target version. You can migrate the data several ways. I have done it manually a bunch of times, but PCD (Prime Collaboration Deployment) is an option for that too. Otherwise you will have to go through the multiple upgrade cycles on the existing nodes. Your decision will likely be influenced by how long a maintenance window you can get to do the upgrades.

Hi Elliot

thanks for help but this is not  good way for me so we just need to upgrade system as expected steps.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: