cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX v5 agent licenses

adbaker
Level 1
Level 1

An existing customer needs to add 3 agent licenses to a v5 CCX system. Looking on DCT and checking on the GPL the part code CCX-5.0-ADDON-ENH is active however the partner is being told that this is a mistake and that they can't use it.

Can you clarify how to deal with this? My understanding was that we would keep the agent licenses active for the 'supported' life of the product.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

There are alot of things needs o be taken into consideration .

The UCCX 5.0 is already end of sale , but not end of support.

check this out :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/voicesw/custcosw/ps5693/ps1846/end_of_life_notice_c51-513419.html

This will tel you that the last date to buy anything for the UCCX 5 is July 27, 2009, after this date you can't buy a sinle agent license however , the software can still be under support until July 26, 2012.

Hope this is clear.

Amer

Thank you, I'm well aware of the EOS notice and the timescales stated but that's not what I asked.

To repeat myself:

An existing customer needs to add 3 agent licenses to a v5 CCX system. Looking on DCT and checking on the GPL the part code CCX-5.0-ADDON-ENH is active however the partner is being told that this is a mistake and that they can't use it.

Can you clarify how to deal with this? My understanding was that we would keep the agent licenses active for the 'supported' life of the product.

Hello,

You can keep the agents active (which you already bought before the EOS) but you can't add new agents.

Let's say that you have 20 agents license , and you need to add three more agents , the 20 agents will not be efeecive even if the EOL came , the only thing you will loose is the support with cisco but to add new agents this needs the EOS not to be active which should be prior date to the date of the end of sale.

Amer

I'm sorry to be blunt Amer but you're trying to answer a question that you don't have the knowledge to do so. This needs to be clarified by the Cisco product team who I was hoping would step in and answer.

I know how the standard EOS process works, and you're absolutely right about what is stated in the EOS notice for this product however, we established an 'unofficial' agreement with them that customers could conntinue to add agents to existing systems even after EOS. This is supported by the fact that the part code to enable this is still active in DCT and on GPL. My issue is that even though the mechanism appears to be active, the partner is being advised that this is a mistake.

I just want the product team to clarify the position. I've now reached out to the PM for the product directly and will update this tread once I get an answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: