Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX12.5 Advanced Capabilities - Supervisor Prompt access

Hi,

After reading about the Advanced Capabilities in CCX12.5 Finesse I was expecting the Supervisors to be able to change the Welcome Prompt for example from a list of prompts within Finesse. If this isn't the case I don't understand what this feature is for.

Can someone explain when this feature would be used?

Thanks

Richard

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Found it!

The Prompts need manually assigning to the Application. This is done under Tools>User Management>Assign Prompts. Only then will they be visible to the Supervisors of that Application.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
In the script, make sure any defined prompt has the parameter field checked. If not, it will not show as modifiable in the Application Management in Finesse.

It does. I can see the prompt in Finesse but was expecting to be able to select other alternative Prompts for the same prompt too

I loaded my 12.x box and set a prompt to parameter enabled.  When I load the Advanced Capabilities > Application Management, it shows that prompt variable and a drop down with all of my uploaded prompts.

If you are not seeing this after doing the same, I would suggest opening a TAC case.

FinesseSample.png

Cheers Mike.

My CCX doesnt show that - see below. It doesnt offer other prompts that are recorded. See attached

Looks like TAC time!

Hi Mike,

Can you confirm a few things please:

1. Can the Supervisor see every prompt (even ones from other Applications if selected as a parameter) ?
  2. I was under the impression a Supervisor could change a prompt eg Welcome message to any other prompt that is available in the Admin portal under Prompt Management - is that correct?
  3. I was also under the impression the Supervisor would only be able to select prompts that 'belong' to them but cannot see how this is controlled

Thanks

Richard

Found it!

The Prompts need manually assigning to the Application. This is done under Tools>User Management>Assign Prompts. Only then will they be visible to the Supervisors of that Application.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Release Notes for UCCX 12.5 lists Promp Assignment as a new feature:

Assign Prompts

Administrators can assign all or specific prompts to Unified CCX applications. Supervisors with Advanced Supervisor Capability can view and manage the prompts that are associated with the assigned Unified CCX applications by using the Finesse desktop.

Source: UCCX 12.5 Release Notes

The Admin Guide has a section on prompt assignment tells us that it needs to be done explicitly:

Assign Prompts

Use this page to assign prompts to applications. The prompts must be explicitly assigned to an application when a new application is created or a new prompt is uploaded.

Source: UCCX 12.5 Admin Guide

Or if you upgrade to 12.5 that there is some weird behavior, like all existing prompts being assigned to all applications, and existing folders and their prompts will always act this way:

When you upgrade to Unified CCX 12.5(1), the system behavior is as follows:

- All the prompts that were there prior to the upgrade will be assigned to all the applications.

- When you upload a new prompt to a folder that was there prior to the upgrade, the prompt will be assigned to all the applications.

Source: UCCX 12.5 Admin Guide