Helpful
Replies

CED node does not work

windleaf5188
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I use UCCE 11 and IVR.

I set option 1 and 2 for CED, but CED is failed. It can't select option 1 or 2. It doesn't work. It goes to "END"

Some one can help me?

Thank you very much !

Here is a png of CED

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Birendra Hansda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Before CED node, you need to execute a microapp to collect the CED, i.e. you can use M or GD with proper configuration parameters .

The captured digits i.e the CED can either be retrieved from the variable Call.CallerEnteredDigits or in the CED node, you can have different exits depending on the the CED if it is a menu (M microapp) .

Regards

Birendra Hansda

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

That's not the way that works. You'll need to have the IVR ask for the DTMF/CED and then pass it to ICM. then you can use the CED node in your ICM script.

david

Thank you David, but I don't Know how can ivr ask for a dtmf/CED, and how ton passe it to icm. Could you give me example? Thanks very much !

Birendra Hansda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Before CED node, you need to execute a microapp to collect the CED, i.e. you can use M or GD with proper configuration parameters .

The captured digits i.e the CED can either be retrieved from the variable Call.CallerEnteredDigits or in the CED node, you can have different exits depending on the the CED if it is a menu (M microapp) .

Regards

Birendra Hansda

Yes! A microapp will do it for you. Check out the CVP design guide for all you ever need to know about them. +5 for you.

david

Thanks for your help, but we don't use CVP, just IVR, so I don't know how to do it

Hi

You don't need Call Studio application to achieve this. You can read more about microapplications here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/cvp10_0/feature/guide/CCVP_BK_FA976D84_00_feature-guide-for-cisco-customer.pdf

1. Configure your Menu microapp in the Network VRU Script List .ie. Configure your wav file with appropriate configuration parameters.

2.In the ICM script, Do a run external script to execute your Menu.

3. Use CED node to route the calls based on CED.

Regards

Birendra Hansda

Did you mean you are using IP-IVR? if yes then there is lengthy process you have to go through to the make the simple menu application works. once you confirm we can guide you on how to do that.

Thank you very much !