cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CET Tool - Exporting Licenses for Upgrade

mark.watson
Level 1
Level 1

I think that I need to use CET to export my current lics (UCCX 7.0) so I can install them on the new 9.0 system but, and I realize this may be stupid but will export essentially give me a "copy" of the license file or will it remove the license from the server.  I cannot have the latter as we have not converted to the new system yet but my temporary licenses are about to run out.

3 Replies 3

Tanner Ezell
Level 4
Level 4

Your UCCX 7 licenses will do exactly 0 good on UCCX 9. Where would you get this idea? You need to run the upgrade through proper channels, the PUT tool. Assuming you've done this, assuming your customer has paid for licenses and for whatever reason you have elected to not get production licenses, then you can have the customers AM instruct licensing to issue an extension.

The whole situation however doesn't make a lick of sense.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

I was told that what I needed to do was order the 7.0 to 9.0 upgrade from PUT which I did.  I was also told that when I installed that license file, it would convert the 7.0 licenses to 9.0 licenses but I had to install the 7.0 licenses on the new server after I install the 9.0 upgrade file so that is why I need the 7.0 license files.

As for not making a lick of sense, that is about right when it comes to Cisco licensing and the ensuing confusion.

That seems to be the way it goes. An email to licensing@cisco.com should help resolve your issues.

Tanner Ezell
www.ctilogic.com

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: