cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change the caller (agent) extension to the CSQ number and block return calls to UCCX agents

Kristof-1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We want to change agent extensions to the CSQ trigger because we don't want users to call agents directly; we want users to join the queue when they call agents back.  

We have 1 CSS and 1 partition for all users and agents in production, let's call them Internal CSS and partition.

I've done some reading and added new Agent CSS and new Agent partition for agent devices.

I’ve added Internal and Agent partitions to Agent CSS while Internal CSS had only internal partition available. I've also configured the Calling Party Transformation Pattern for the internal partition: agent extensions 30XX should be transformed to the application trigger 6001.

Additionally, I've added few CTI ports on Agent partition.

I've run some tests on the above setup and users couldn’t call agents, agents could call users, and agent extensions were changing to the queue number. So far so good.

However, when the agent received the call from Finesse and tried to answer it, the call went back to the queue and agent status changed to Not Ready. This was probably because the CTI root point 6001 has internal CSS and internal partition assigned but the agent's device has Agent CSS and partition assigned. Is this connect?

To resolve this issue, I’ve added new CTI root point (new application trigger) on Agent CSS and Agent partition, and added Agent partition to Internal CSS. Now, agents can answer calls in Finesse. However, users can call agents, which is still fine, but the Calling Party Transformation Pattern doesn’t work anymore.

Am I doing this correctly? Is there a better way to do this? Should the Calling Party Transformation Pattern work?

Any advice will be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I mostlt restrict direct calling to the CC agents in all my CCX implementations, unless customer specifically request for it. Here the steps I do to achieve it 

In CCX

1. Develop the script based on requirements
  2. Create Telephony groups 
  3. Create Trigger
  4. Create Skills (set competency if required)
  5. Create Resource groups
  6. Create Agents
  7. Assign them to to respective CSQs
  8. Create Team
  9. Assign Supervisor

In CUCM

1. Create PT_Agent (Don't add this PT to any User CSS)
  2. Create CSS_Agent (Add all PTs in there)
  3. Create PT-CCX 
  4. Create CSS_CCX (Add PT_Agent as well here) 
  5. Add Agent Phone with Non-DID numbers (say 1XXX)
  6. Create a Translation Pattern for Agent Ext (1XXX >> 5000 (Assume 5000 is the UCCX Trigger))
  7. Make sure you add PT_Agent in all UCCX CSS (CTI RP/ports)

This is from the top of my head. Please test it out and let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi @Ratheesh Kumar

Thank you for your reply but there are few bits I don't understand.

CCX part is clear.

In CUCM

2. Create CSS_Agent (Add all PTs in there) - including user PT?
  3. Create PT-CCX - how do you use it later? you don't seem to mention it anywhere
  4. Create CSS_CCX (Add PT_Agent as well here) 
  5. Add Agent Phone with Non-DID numbers (say 1XXX) - what CSS and PT do I assign to an agent phone/line?
  6. Create a Translation Pattern for Agent Ext (1XXX >> 5000 (Assume 5000 is the UCCX Trigger)) - what PT do I assign it to?
  7. Make sure you add PT_Agent in all UCCX CSS (CTI RP/ports)

So, in our setup, assuming that we only have CSS_User and PT_User configured:

1. Create PT_Agent
  2. Create CSS_Agent - add PT_Agent and PT_User to it?
  3. Create PT-CCX - add it to what CSS?
  4. Create CSS_CCX - add PT_Agent to it, any other partition?
  5. Add Agent Phone with Non-DID numbers (say 1XXX) - what CSS and PT do I assign to an agent phone?
  6. Create a Translation Pattern for Agent Ext (1XXX >> 5000 (Assume 5000 is the UCCX Trigger)) - what partition do I assign it to?

Thanks

Hi there

Responses inline

In CUCM

2. Create CSS_Agent (Add all PTs in there) - including user PT?

Yes

1. Create PT-CCX - how do you use it later? you don't seem to mention it anywhere

I would use PT_CCX for all the CTI RP/ports

1. Create CSS_CCX (Add PT_Agent as well here) 

PT_Agent and PT_CCX

1. Add Agent Phone with Non-DID numbers (say 1XXX) - what CSS and PT do I assign to an agent phone/line?

PT_Agent & CSS_Agent (Make sure you don’t add PT_Agent in any User CSS)

1. Create a Translation Pattern for Agent Ext (1XXX >> 5000 (Assume 5000 is the UCCX Trigger)) - what PT do I assign it to?

Your Standard Internal PT should do. The PT which can be accessed by all users

1. Make sure you add PT_Agent in all UCCX CSS (CTI RP/ports)

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***