Views
Helpful
Replies

change voice recording

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If that is a CCX IVR then you will need to replace the WAV file in the CCX Prompt Repository. If the file names are not self-evident you may need to open the IVR script in the CRS Editor to see what file the Play Prompt step is pointing at.

Also, CCX will not transcode a file so ensure the uploaded WAV format chosen in System Parameters, typically PCM G.711 u-law.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

As Jonathan mentioned, login to your CCX > Application Management >> Select the Application  (May be UCCX SAP HELPDESK)

First and foremost, upload the prompt in wav under Prompt Management

Format (Format: CCIT U-Law. | Sample Size: 8-bit |Sample Rate: 8kHz)

If the prompts are configured as parameters in the script, you will get an option to change straight from the Application Management page

If you dont find the fields to change the prompt under Application Management page, then you have to point the wav file straight into the script.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

attached is the current configuration if our setup
so by the look at it, i need to upload the new WAV and replace it with the new one.
question : how should i record the WAV with the right parameter. 

Hi there

Either you should approach some professional recording studios or you should do by yourself. Another option is, you can try some free text to speech online softwares to create the wav file.

Once you have the wav file, you can use the windows recorder, NCH audio wav editor or audacity softwares to edit and convert to the required ccitt-Ulaw format.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I used the freeware program Audacity to record prompts for UCCX/IP-IVR, CVP, and Unity Connection. I do my own recordings so this works for me.

Attached is a document I wrote in 2013 which explains how to set up Audacity (version 2.01) and export the recordings in the proper format. I haven't updated the document in years but the general idea is still valid; the screens have changed over the years.

See if this helps with at least the recording part.

I hope this helps someone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: