cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

changing an existing XML document in UCCX

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have a current script which references a document- list of users ID`s. I now need to add, modify this lsit to add new users

Question can I just  

Option 1 click on the doc in UCCX document manage  so it opens as an XML file , make  the  changes and refresh it  in the UCCX  

or do I need to

Option 2 Click on the document , copy and paste it in to text file

Make changes

Save it as XML

Upload it to UCCX

If I upload it can I keep the same name so I do not need to make changes to the actual script?

thanks

2 Replies 2

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

option 2. You'll have to download the XML from the document repo, adjust it, upload it, refresh it. No name change is necessary.

G.

djlundberg
Level 5
Level 5

An additional note on Gregerly's comment as he stated make sure you right click and download the file.  If you open the file within IE or Firefox and copy the text from the browser window you will have invalid formatting added to the document and it will no longer work until it is corrected. See attached images.

The quickest way I have seen to tell if UCCX will read an xml document is to click on the link in your web browser.  If the information loads it should be formatted correctly.  If you get an XML parsing error when you try to load it in your browser your formatting is messed up.

You can also put your XML into an XML Validator (http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_validator.asp) which will tell you the location of your errors.

DJ